• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gumball

Gumball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Well i have finally finished my m18c project and i did a test run yesterday and it didnt look good. I was scammed and received the pistol wish missing parts so i found all the parts and installed them correctly(i hope). When the slide is off the lower receiver the hammer locks back and pulls the Impact Hammer Block back and the Disconnector locks down. When the Sear release is pushed forward and the tigger is pulled the hammer is released and there is no problem. The slide and all of the internals are fine too.  The problems arise when the two come together. When the trigger is pulled the slide comes about 1-2 cm and stays there, like it is stuck, and the impact hammer block is still engaged on the gas release valve for the magazine so it releases all the gas. Once all the gas is realeased then the slide comes forward. It seems that part 251 does not have enough force to pull the hammer back so it just stays there. Is there anyway to fix this? Is the hammer too high for part

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:14 PM

got a pic of your hammer assembly?

#3 Gumball

Gumball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 03:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

i was looking at how everything works and it just makes no sense. The air chamber doesn't go back and i think it may be the Plunger too. It seems that the air chamber is not capturing all of the gas to force the Slide back? What exactly is the purpose of the Plunger?

Edited by Gumball, 22 October 2009 - 04:10 PM.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 05:30 PM

off the bat, your hammer's worn.  the shiny top is a good indicator.

If you look inside the chamber, you should see a dart shaped object, if that's missing, your cylinder won't work.  But for sure off the bat, your hammer assembly is going to need replacement.

#5 Gumball

Gumball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 05:18 AM

Can you tell me how everything exactly works? You pull the trigger which releases the hammer which pushes the Gas valve hammer which pushes on the gas valve and releases gas to the air chamber. Is the plunger supposed to block off the air nozzle to send the slide back?  The plunger is there with the spring behind the metal bar.

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:08 AM

View PostGumball, on 23 October 2009 - 05:18 AM, said:

Can you tell me how everything exactly works? You pull the trigger which releases the hammer which pushes the Gas valve hammer which pushes on the gas valve and releases gas to the air chamber. Is the plunger supposed to block off the air nozzle to send the slide back?  The plunger is there with the spring behind the metal bar.
You kinda have the gist of it.  I would explain the whole process to you, but there's like 300 parts and each one does something or another.
<_<

Anyways, the wear on that hammer would indicate heavy use, does the gun shoot if you forcibly hold the magazine up?

#7 Gumball

Gumball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2009 - 11:43 AM

nope, still does the same thing just like in the video.

#8 Gumball

Gumball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

View PostGumball, on 24 October 2009 - 11:43 AM, said:

nope, still does the same thing just like in the video.

change that, its actually a yes. I have a m19 so i took the air chamber out of the 18 and put it in the 19 and it worked perfectly. So it was like, WTF????? That got me thinking about the magazine and what you said, when you said that i tried to push the magazine up but the Mag base plate was keeping it from going up, so i took it off and it worked. So, how am i supposed to fix that? - Get part # 70, just looked at my m19 and compared it to the 18 and the thing is extremely worn down.

m18c
Posted Image

M19
Posted Image

Edited by Gumball, 27 October 2009 - 06:45 PM.

#9 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:55 AM

we should have spare mag catches in the proshop.  What you'll need is a small flathead screwdriver, put it on the left and gently nudge the spring out through the notch on the mag catch.  Careful not to damage or lose the metal pin, that's actually a spring.  From then, the mag catch should slide out of the right.

#10 Gumball

Gumball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

Got it, Thank you! The fire selector is a little buggy too but the parts are worn down so that's probably why its doing that. Thank you for all your help!

Video of it working :)

Edited by Gumball, 29 October 2009 - 03:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users