Sure fire way of telling if you are getting the NEW version?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GLOOMnDOOM

GLOOMnDOOM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

I am ditching my CA M4, and want to pick up a G36C. After reading tons of info on the internet, I've decided on the KWA. Upon reading about the KWA, I see that there are two models of the same gun. One with the 2GX mechbox and bucking, and one that isn't so lucky. I will be ordering my gun from Airsoftarms.com, since I have about $244 in store credit from them, but their description says the G36C is NOT lipo ready. That either means that they just didn't update their description when they got the 09s in, or they still have old stock left they want to get rid of. How do I make sure when I get this gun, that it is truly the 09 version? I will go ahead and say that this gun will never see a Lipo battery when I own it, but I like the idea of having the beefiest mechbox in my gun when I run a 9.6v battery in it. Is there a sticker on the box that indicates it's the updated version, or is there a particular SKU# I can inquire about when I order mine? Also, if they do have the "old" versions, will it survive a 9.6v battery without blinking an eye? I know I got a ton of questions, and some might have been asked, but I'm new to airsoft and I'm trying to get the best gear I can get for the money. If I can't get an 09 G36, I might just spring for the M42Gx since I have to pay a little out of pocket anyway. Thanks.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:49 AM

There is NO 2GX Type 3 gearbox for the KG36c at the moment.  The only way to tell if it's a 2008 or 2009 is the color of the gearbox shell.  2009 is Black and 2008 is silver.  Other than that, 2009 have all heat treated gears plus the 2G hop-up bucking.

#3 GLOOMnDOOM

GLOOMnDOOM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

So all KWA G36s are Lipo ready? I thought the G36 got upgraded to handle a lipo? I'm confused as hell.... :wacko:

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:20 PM

All KWA aeg can run on Li-po.  Even on the older KG36c.  We just didn't put a Li-po ready claim on older KG36c because it's not officially tested.   The new KG36c is now officially tested.

#5 isxlow

isxlow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 11:18 AM

View Postallizard, on 07 October 2009 - 10:20 PM, said:

All KWA aeg can run on Li-po.  Even on the older KG36c.  We just didn't put a Li-po ready claim on older KG36c because it's not officially tested.   The new KG36c is now officially tested.

I have purchased a G36C about a month ago and would like to see the testing results from KWA using the 11.1 Li-Po.  Were there any issues with BB's dropping off decreasing the distance on "FULL AUTO"?

Thanks,

isxlow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users