• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

Slide Lock is misbehaving? it happens, I've got a simple solution.  But before I start, some Q&A.

Q: So what is this fix for exactly?
A: Some slide locks on the KP8/45 Series like to engage early when you're amid shooting.  This is bad because in a crunch, you kinda need your arm to operate.  

Q: What causes this?
A: A host of things can contribute, but this is the typical problem you may encounter.  It could be prolonged storage during shipping, it could be gun gremlins.  Really, there's no way in knowing.

Q: So this isn't the "super fix" to fix all things?
A: Precisely!  This is only a fix for this one problem.  

Ok!  now that's cleared up, we need to remove the slide lock, see this thread on disassembly, you only need to remove the slide lock.  If you don't know how, Follow Steps 1-5 on this thread pinned above.

So, you should at this point, have something that looks like this
Posted Image

You need to pull this spring out, you can do so gently with pliers or a dental pick.  Careful not to yank hard because it can jam itself and bend out of shape.  Doing so will pretty much destroy the part.
Posted Image

Posted Image
When you've extracted the little spring, you need to kinda part the legs out, bend them slightly and put it back into your gun and give it a cycle.  If it still catches, bend it some more.  Careful not to bend it too far or your slide lock will just stop working.
Posted Image

Please note the measurement doesn't matter.  Each spring is fitted to each gun, so you need to bend it ever so slightly to get it to work.

I hope it works out for you, if it doesn't feel free to send it to the tech center.   :thumbsup:  I'm sure the people over there won't mind. :whistle:

#2 pizzaguy4378

pizzaguy4378

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 12:23 PM

Can they replace that spring? i lost mine XD

#3 DrSpas

DrSpas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:electric guitars/ tube amps, off road jeeping, xbox 360, GBB pistols and rifles, women

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:22 PM

just throwing this out there as i've heard alot of people ask me this.
I ran into this need when i was building my first KP. I do not believe the spring is available from KWA (wasn't at the time). however, i was able to use a spare i had for my HK USP compact .45 and it worked fine. HKparts.net usually has them stocked.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

if it is not listed, phone the pro-shop

#5 ltrazak

ltrazak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:56 PM

I realize this is a necro post... but I wanted to know where I could find a threaded outer barrel for the KP8c as shown in the above picture. Is it part PT0103-0211 (http://store.kwausa....erbarrel-1.aspx) ?

#6 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:08 PM

it is a prototype that has not gone to market  :shiftyninja:

#7 dky.tehkingd.u

dky.tehkingd.u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:39 PM

I have the opposite problem. My Mk.23 slide doesn't stay locked back when I want/need it to.

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:50 PM

Look to see if the BB follower on the mag is damaged.  If it is, it will not properly engage the slide lock when the mag is empty.

#9 dky.tehkingd.u

dky.tehkingd.u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

Nope, it's not damaged. It works fine when the magazine is inserted. When the magazine is removed, the slide snaps forward again.

#10 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,509 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Bump

#11 Kerberos

Kerberos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Acting, Aviation, Designing, Watches, Swords, Samurai, Armors, Military gear, and shooting guns at the ranges.

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:45 AM

Mk23 slides are made of an alloy that is easy to get the slide catch portion worn down.

The fix is, remove the slide. Looking under the slide, check the contact area of the slide catch. That groove should not be at an angle. That is the reason why the slide lever will not lock the slide. If you force an empty magazine and pull the slide back it will hold the slide open until you remove it. The reason why is because when you pull the slide back far enough, the lever will gently sit on the angled slide catch on the slide.

Use a file or a sharp tool or a dremel to sharpen the angled slide catch area underneathe the slide. Make sure it is 90 perpendicular to the slide. Do not over shave the area and be careful not to make the area angled.

If you successfully shaved it right the slide lever catch will engage after shooting.

The other remedy is to buy a new a slide (steel).

Hope that helps!

Edited by Kerberos, 13 September 2013 - 03:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users