4 replies to this topic

#1 WiN&LeGeNd

WiN&LeGeNd

Resident Airsoft Geek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

I am curious, considering how much more accuracy is gained from using G&G bb's over TSD bb's in the 0.28g weight class, has anyone tested G&G 0.25g bb's against G&G 0.28g bb's? I have been mulling this over in my head for a while now, there are several factors which affect accuracy, through all of the BB testing I have done evidence points towards two critical points, BB quality and Hop-up Design/quality. The barrel has some important influence, but not as much as the hop-up bucking and chamber design. That being said, since we are using a very well made hop-up chamber and the even intelligently designed G2 bucking and I am personally already using a EDGI 6.01mm barrel, that least only the BB's. Now if G&G 0.25g bb's show the same consistency as G&G 0.28g bb's, then we can actually test in some detail the affects of BB weight and see which is more optimal and for what condition. It would be logical to think that the heavier weights would increase accuracy only during windy conditions if all other factors remain the same, however it is not necessarily so easy to determine which will give us the better range. Reason being is that heaver bb will conserve momentum better than a lighter bb, however it takes more energy to accelerate the heavier BB, considering we have the same energy applied to both, we will likely see only a small difference in absolute distance, I would guess around 10 to 15 feet at the maximum respectively. That being said though, we would need to test this unless some one know how to calculate the distance traveled while also factoring in wind resistance. Being an electrical engineer I am not quite so well versed with physics, only when it applies to electricity, so has anyone tested the difference between the two or between .25 and .28g bb's of the same brand and measured the differences in maximum range? Or know how to calculate this?

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2009 - 08:50 AM

Moving to general chat section... carry on.

#3 MagpuLoverBoy

MagpuLoverBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

WiN&LeGeNd, on 21 September 2009 - 02:50 PM, said:

I am curious, considering how much more accuracy is gained from using G&G bb's over TSD bb's in the 0.28g weight class, has anyone tested G&G 0.25g bb's against G&G 0.28g bb's? I have been mulling this over in my head for a while now, there are several factors which affect accuracy, through all of the BB testing I have done evidence points towards two critical points, BB quality and Hop-up Design/quality. The barrel has some important influence, but not as much as the hop-up bucking and chamber design. That being said, since we are using a very well made hop-up chamber and the even intelligently designed G2 bucking and I am personally already using a EDGI 6.01mm barrel, that least only the BB's. Now if G&G 0.25g bb's show the same consistency as G&G 0.28g bb's, then we can actually test in some detail the affects of BB weight and see which is more optimal and for what condition. It would be logical to think that the heavier weights would increase accuracy only during windy conditions if all other factors remain the same, however it is not necessarily so easy to determine which will give us the better range. Reason being is that heaver bb will conserve momentum better than a lighter bb, however it takes more energy to accelerate the heavier BB, considering we have the same energy applied to both, we will likely see only a small difference in absolute distance, I would guess around 10 to 15 feet at the maximum respectively. That being said though, we would need to test this unless some one know how to calculate the distance traveled while also factoring in wind resistance. Being an electrical engineer I am not quite so well versed with physics, only when it applies to electricity, so has anyone tested the difference between the two or between .25 and .28g bb's of the same brand and measured the differences in maximum range? Or know how to calculate this?
from my experience with G&G bbs they heavier you go the more accuracy (as you thought) but the .28's will lose somewhere from 20-30 fps at most from the .25's giving you probably 2" better groupings at about 100' per say may experience,, how ever the .28 will lose about 10-20 ft in distance to the .25,(because the .25 has more velocity). it all depends on range and how pin point you want it to be at that range. What i usaually do when i skirmish is i have mid caps with different magpuls on them, a different weight for each bb. Ex. Black magpul- .20's for up closer, white magpul-.28's) for those needed accurate shots. but yes in the long run the .28s are a little better for woodland, and .25's for cqb( and if your really that close just use some good ole .20's or.23's.

but for the best bb out there i'd reccomend TSD tac, or KSC perfects. dont use matrix they have TERRIBLE!!! accuracy and wal-mart bb's will f*** up your gun. but overall its up to scenario(:

#4 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

MagpuLoverBoy

Your sig is too big and way too distracting.  Please reduce it or change to something else.  

Thank you.

#5 MagpuLoverBoy

MagpuLoverBoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:18 AM

allizard, on 05 December 2009 - 11:59 PM, said:

MagpuLoverBoy

Your sig is too big and way too distracting.  Please reduce it or change to something else.  

Thank you.
actually its a 5-7 but okay:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users