KWA G23F Magazine problem - inadequate gas distributiong

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stealthlead_*

Guest_Stealthlead_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with my KWA G23F magazines and I am fairly certain it is not the hand guns, and certainly not the rocket valves as both are very much intact. I have 2 of the standard magazines with the small extension, (25 Rounds) and a smaller magazine that does not utilize an extension. (20 rounds) However, they are all sharing the same problem;

Here is a specific video of the problem:

-I load up the magazines with a new tank of propane to insure it wasn't a low tank of problem. I attach the propane adapter and fill them up along with BB's.

-Sometimes the first magazine will shoot fine after I fill them up and immediately fire them off. However, I've noticed the problem occurs as the day goes on and the magazines heat up. (This is 100+ degree weather in Arizona) I cock the gun, fire a shot on semi, and instead of the usual slide blow back action, the BB kind of sputters out of the barrel and there is no kick, slide motion, or sense that the BB has reached its full FPS potential whatsoever. I've chronograph-ed it and although the BB is shooting lower then when the gun is performing correctly, it still fires at about 4/5 the usual FPS when it 'sputters' out of the gun.

-After the last step has happened, I cock it again, fire another shot and the same thing happens. I will have to go through this process of firing, re-cocking, firing, etc. until it starts actually shooting to the point of where the slide is pulling back, loading another BB, and performing. I've found that if I take the magazine out, empty a little bit of gas/propane out, it will fire correctly but seeing as I've just released about half the magazines worth of propane, it will not finish the rest of the magazine. (Frustrating  Angry )

-The same problem occurs on semi and automatic functions. If I had to diagnose this problem by myself (Which I am NOT very good at with gas weaponry) I would have to say I'm filling up the magazines with propane, over the day the heat makes it expand a bit and for whatever reason, when the gas has expanded, the opening valve is not opening up enough probably because there is to much pressure. How I have reached this conclusion is by determining that when the problem occurs and I empty the gas a little bit manually, it shoots as it is supposed to.

Is there any way to correct this? It is literally costing me my life in games and I am growing very tiresome of it. I've taken each magazine apart at least twice and lubricated the O-rings up (When I say O-rings I'm referring to the square ones that go into the bottom magazine plate.) I'm thinking that its something really easy and stupid that I'm not doing such as lubrication an O-ring in the top portion of the magazine to relieve some of the pressure when it becomes to high. I'm getting pretty frustrated over this so any help is appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

~Stealthlead

#2 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

could be a host of problems ranging from damaged impact block, worn hammer, or worn magazine catch.

#3 Guest_Stealthlead_*

Guest_Stealthlead_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:22 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 14 September 2009 - 08:42 AM, said:

could be a host of problems ranging from damaged impact block, worn hammer, or worn magazine catch.

I have said nothing is defective as in snapped or broken, and it is in no way the magazine catch. However, I am now suspecting the hammer spring has lost its spring ability a bit.

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:46 AM

it only requires fractions worth of wear to disable a M-model gun.  Particularly on the hammer.

take a flashlight and check your mag catch.  If the wear exceeds .015in, it will start disabling the gun.

Likewise, if you see silver on your hammer, it's time for a new one.

#5 Guest_Stealthlead_*

Guest_Stealthlead_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

View PostSpiggy, on 15 September 2009 - 08:46 AM, said:

it only requires fractions worth of wear to disable a M-model gun.  Particularly on the hammer.

take a flashlight and check your mag catch.  If the wear exceeds .015in, it will start disabling the gun.

Likewise, if you see silver on your hammer, it's time for a new one.

Now THAT'S the advice I was looking for!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Worn much?  :blink:

I think it actually wore it down so much the whole hammer was hitting it LOL! The springs are probably old too. Thanks a lot!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users