9 replies to this topic

#1 WH7702

WH7702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

Hey guys.

I seem to be having problems with my G36 blowing fuses.  I've had it for about 3 weeks now.  I've only done some target shooting twice.  The fist time I shot maybe 250 rounds (no problems).  I went out again a few days later and shot about 500 rounds (still no problems).  A couple days ago I went out to do some more target practice, and after about 10 rounds, the gun stopped firing.  I determined it was because the fuse had blown.  Not sure why it would have, I replaced it.  Again, I fired off about 10-15 rounds and the fuse blew again.

The entire time I've had it, I have either been in semi-auto, or shooting short 5-10 round busts, so I don't believe I've miss-treated the gun in any way.  The fuse will not blow unless I pull the trigger and the gun operates fine until the fuse blows.  No weird noises, hesitation, etc...

Any suggestions?

I haven't taken anything apart yet.  Could there be a short somewhere that allows the motor to operate, yet allow the fuse to blow if operated for me then a few seconds?

#2 Guest_Savage_*

Guest_Savage_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

What kind of battery are you using?

#3 WH7702

WH7702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

Savage, on 13 September 2009 - 03:12 PM, said:

What kind of battery are you using?

15C 11.1V Lipo

#4 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:43 AM

what kind of fuses are you using?

#5 WH7702

WH7702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

Spiggy, on 14 September 2009 - 08:43 AM, said:

what kind of fuses are you using?

The gun came with 15A fuses, and I used 15A quick-blow fuses as replacements.  Do I need to move up to 20A fuses when using a higher voltage lipo?

I know fuses are Amp based, but the motor could be using more power when running at a higher RPM due to the higher voltage?

#6 Guest_Box Goblin_*

Guest_Box Goblin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:48 PM

use another battery to check if probrem is with this battery or not.  sometime the problem is not the gun

#7 WH7702

WH7702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 01:09 PM

Box Goblin, on 14 September 2009 - 12:48 PM, said:

use another battery to check if probrem is with this battery or not.  sometime the problem is not the gun

I had tried 3 other batteries. Two  of them identical lipo's.   I also tried a NIMH as well. The fuse blows with all of them.

#8 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

sounds like you may have a wiring issue, I'd recommend sending her home for repair.

How long have you owned it? if less than 45 days, you have a warranty

#9 WH7702

WH7702

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 03:51 PM

Spiggy, on 14 September 2009 - 03:42 PM, said:

sounds like you may have a wiring issue, I'd recommend sending her home for repair.

How long have you owned it? if less than 45 days, you have a warranty

I've only had it for about 15 days. I was hoping I wouldn't have to send it in. 1 week shipping. Probably another week getting worked on. Then another week of return shipping. Kinda sucks only having something for such a short time then loosing it for so long.

I'll have to call'em tomorrow and see what they say.

#10 bbnc1

bbnc1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Fishing, Biking, Offroad

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

WH7702, on 14 September 2009 - 03:51 PM, said:

I've only had it for about 15 days. I was hoping I wouldn't have to send it in. 1 week shipping. Probably another week getting worked on. Then another week of return shipping. Kinda sucks only having something for such a short time then loosing it for so long.

I'll have to call'em tomorrow and see what they say.

If you are local (southern California), you can drop it off, and they'll back to you same week (at least that's what they did for me before).
Anyway, as for the fuse, 15A is factory, but I also used 20A on mine because of "occasional" fuse blown.  My KWA M4 says 11.1V, 15C, 1500mah max. If you calculate the max current the battery can output (15c x 1.5A = 22.5A), so if you are at 20A, you can still protect the motor since technically, KWA recommended maximum of 22.5A capability.  If you have short-circuit or jamming problem, the motor will draw a lot more than 20A and burn the fuse way before it burns your motor.  Sometime people get confuse that the battery rating is what the battery put-out to your gun, but that's not true.  I am using 4000mah, 40C, 11.1v LiPo (40x4=160A), and not blown a 20A fuse under normal use and normal wear and tear (Fused been blown only when Piston broke or Gear jammed as it supposed to).  If my battery had been supply 160A to my gun, then obviously, I wouldn't be playing at all because the fuse would blow everytime.  Since your gun is under warranty, I would take it in "just in case" you have internal issues.

In the future, if your fuse gets blown, you don't need to swap battery because obviously, the battery is strong enough to blow your fuse.  You want to try swapping battery if the gun won't fire AND the fuse is still intact makes more sense because maybe not enough juice to drive the motor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users