• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lordbenji

Lordbenji

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

i am looking to convert my kwa g36c into a g36k.  I am not planning on buying a kit, instead, i am going to buy different parts and make one.  i was wondering if the ECHO 1 MK36K RAS will fit on the gun.  link to it is here:
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4899.
thank you

#2 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

View PostLordbenji, on 26 August 2009 - 02:56 PM, said:

i am looking to convert my kwa g36c into a g36k.  I am not planning on buying a kit, instead, i am going to buy different parts and make one.  i was wondering if the ECHO 1 MK36K RAS will fit on the gun.  link to it is here:
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=4899.
thank you

My friend did this, and did some research for the the Echo1 and said it would not fit without some decent modification. Instead he went with a CA G36k front end conversion kit. Sure it's more expensive then just the E1 RAS, but when you think about it, all the extra parts you need (36K inner barrel, outer barrel, wire it to a new KV stock or get a strange battery or PEQ to hold your current battery),and price it all, it'll come out to about the same maybe a bit less. BUT remember in airsoft you get what you pay for. Get something cheap, it probably won't last as long. Which is why I would recommend the CA conversion kit and look around for a PEQ to hold your current battery.

#3 Guest_camowolf_*

Guest_camowolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2009 - 04:44 PM

I'm about to do this myself as well. I will let you all know how it goes as soon as my rifle arrives here and I have time to throw the RIS on.

#4 Guest_camowolf_*

Guest_camowolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:32 AM

Just put the Echo 1 G36K RAS foregrip on the KG36C. Roughly 30 seconds of modification is needed, and it fits very well. All the modification needed is to snip off two unnecessary structural parts of plastic directly above the fuse. These parts disallow the rail attachment to fit onto the body. By removing them (literally took me about 15-30sec), the foregrip fits fine.

As per the battery, it can simply be zip-tied to the gun inside the RAS unit.

Edited by camowolf, 05 September 2009 - 12:34 AM.

#5 JustShootHimAlready

JustShootHimAlready

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

What about the G&G ras?
http://www.airsoftgi...products_id=307

#6 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:05 PM

I think the G&G RAS does fit.

#7 JanzChiang

JanzChiang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

im going to be buying the new h&k kwa g36c and will immediately make it a g36k (except for the carry handle and stock so pretty much just changing the front end). already going to be spending money on d gun so wont have much left. very interested in getting the echo 1 mk36k ras but still have some questions.
1. Would a 11 lipo battery fit? if not, what is the maximum size battery that will fit?
2. Other than changing the original handguard to the ras and changing the inner barrel, what else would i have to change? jeremy314 said i would need to change the outer barrel.
3. would attaching the ras require modifications? if yes, to what extent.

thanks a lot!

#8 Hitman07

Hitman07

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

And an almost 2 year old thread is brought back to life...

Edited by Hitman07, 18 June 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#9 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

Unless things have changed since my 2009 comment, the E1 RAS will require decent modification of the RAS to fit the KWA gun.

We used a CA G36K front end conversion kit and a SRC KV stock to make the KWA G36K I mentioned. Before we got the KV stock, the largest battery we could get into the RAS was a 900maH RC heli battery. It worked extremely well.. was just a PITA to hook up and remove, so I would suggest just getting the G36c, use it stock for a while (until at least the 45 day warranty is over) until you can afford the RAS, rear wiring kit and an SRC KV stock. It will make life so much easier on you than trying to get a tiny lipo in the RAS unit.

And again, I do not recommend the Echo1 MK36 RAS for a KWA gun. SRC or CA would be the way to go, but I think the SRC RAS needs slight modification to fit the front end of the KWA, but not like the E1 version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users