• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:36 PM

So, the way to go, regarding batteries, with an upgraded AEG (KWA STOCK AEG) is Lipo for many of us.  Yet, though you offer great batteries, you do not offer the chargers that would optimize those batteries.  RC folks have been using balancers and/or balanced chargers for their batteries for some time.  When I recently discussed battery life with a tech at KWA he recommended a balancer for the battery.  Yet you don't carry them.  I understand the economics of not being able to carry everything for everyone.  However, a basic wall charger doesn't cut it for a Lipo battery.  Perhaps you could offer options for chargers in the future that would optimize the RA-TECH batteries that you sell.

I realize the charger options can be challenging to say the least.  If you are going to take the time to suggest discharge alarms (Item Number: JSP02989), you should consider recommending chargers that would optimally charge the batteries you sell.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the suggestion but yes we have been toying different solution with a different charger and a balancer right now.  I'll update you guys when we have decided what we are carrying for ProShop.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:19 PM

View Postallizard, on 25 August 2009 - 08:20 AM, said:

Thanks for the suggestion but yes we have been toying different solution with a different charger and a balancer right now.  I'll update you guys when we have decided what we are carrying for ProShop.

If your interested I can post the system I'm using right now with good results?

#4 Guest_MetallicaFatCat_*

Guest_MetallicaFatCat_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2009 - 11:06 AM

You know people have been having really good sucess with the Kong Power Lipo's and appearently you guys have taken a liking to them. It'd be awesome if you guys could carry there Lipo supplies. Also Booligan has had good results and has documented them on ASR.

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:22 PM

2010 will have more options.  Standby.

#6 Vamp2269

Vamp2269

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Gaming, Model Rocketry, Holloween.

Posted 11 February 2010 - 04:03 PM

not to be a cock-monger* but you can find combo chargers with balencers on ebay and for like under 70 bucks some as low as 25 its called the iMax B6 i think my friend owns this model and he uses 11.1 2200mah lipo batterys and its funny cause hes blown alot of fuses with his lipo in his kwa km16 and is prob. goin to make his gun break someday. but anywho the charger works great and charges a wide range of battery types you should check it out

when we have events alot of my friends use the charger and it can even top off partly charged nicd and nimh batterys too

*= Rooster dealer

Edited by Vamp2269, 11 February 2010 - 04:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users