Compatibility with other magazines

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Baron_*

Guest_Baron_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

So, the new MP7 is coming out soon and I got my eyes on one. However, I would first like to know if I'll be able to put the Tokyo Marui magazines(explanation further on) in it. I really want to make a display for the MP7, and I don't feel like goring a $40(short) magazine when I can get a much cheaper AEP magazine. The display will basically be a magazine bolted to a piece of wood or metal, so I won't be putting BB's in the magazine. If it doesn't fit, what could could I do to make it fit? Enlarge a hole? Shear off the feeding nozzle? An alternative is that SOMEBODY *cough cough KWA cough cough* could actually release accessories for their guns, making all the little boys and girls happy.  :D

#2 Alundiel

Alundiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:56 AM

Yay you gave me a early morning mod project! I had a TM MP7 a while back and one of the lowcaps broke (has no internals). Fortunately i saved the shell.

Will it fit? If you have a dremel you can make it fit. cut a slit in the front: See pic 1 (if you do it right it wont fall out of the gun. Use included gas mag for reference). Then cut a long rectangle out of the back: See pic 2 (where the gas valve goes on the gas version). Requires a little jiggle but it does fit.

PIC 1:
Posted Image

PIC 2:
Posted Image

PIC 3: Showing comparison
Posted Image

PIC 4: Proof that it fits :P
Posted Image

#3 Alundiel

Alundiel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

Finished product... could probably make it look better but :P the mag is attached by a screw and washer thru the center of the baseplate

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Xaelk

Xaelk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:30 PM

beautiful. i always thought this gun belonged on display.  :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users