Jump to content


Questions about my M4's performance


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:57 AM

I got the KWA M4 awhile ago. It shoots awesome and its the greatest. However, I got a few concerns about it. Also note that I left the hop up adjustment the way it came from the box. Therefore I didnt adjust the hopup as much.

1. There were a few random times when my gun would shoot 2 bbs at a time, or a bb would just suddenly drop out of the muzzle end of the barrel while shooting. The multi shot thing usually happens after loading a new hicap mag or before the high cap mag runs out. Also the bb falling out of the barrel thing happens randomly but only happened a few times.

2. There was one time when I was adjusting the hop up after shooting half of the highcap. I took a rest and adjusted the hop up a slight bit. Then when i took it out to shoot the rest of the highcap, the first shot suddenly went a sharp direction upward almost 70 degrees upward like a sporadic bunny. Then after that shot, the gun shot normally. AND i was scared, hoping nothing happened to the bucking or wat not. Also, I didnt notice anychange in the hop up of the bb after adjusting. I did notice they lost a little "float" and stayed the same after increasing hop up. They still shot 150+ feet before diving down noticebly. Dont worry I measured.

ANy suggestions? :mellow:

Edited by DaTigah, 08 July 2008 - 07:03 AM.


#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:26 AM

What brand of Mag and BBs your using?

#3 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

when is the last time you clean your barrel?

#4 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

Um cross out problem number 2. I fixed the hop up. It seems I had to break it in to its normal performance

Problem number 1, i still have some little concerns about that. I am using the stock KWA m4 High Cap and KSC .20 Perfect White BBs.

I havent had the chance to clean the barrel yet.

Assuming that I will stick to the Stock KWA M4 Barrel and Hop Up System, can you give me any tips/steps on how to properly clean the barrel and/or hop up system, and at same not damage anything?

#5 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

View PostDaTigah, on Jul 8 2008, 10:08 AM, said:

Um cross out problem number 2. I fixed the hop up. It seems I had to break it in to its normal performance

Problem number 1, i still have some little concerns about that. I am using the stock KWA m4 High Cap and KSC .20 Perfect White BBs.

I havent had the chance to clean the barrel yet.

Assuming that I will stick to the Stock KWA M4 Barrel and Hop Up System, can you give me any tips/steps on how to properly clean the barrel and/or hop up system, and at same not damage anything?

Try the owners manual Tigah ;)

http://www.kwausa.co...ries_manual.pdf

There it is ^.^ Look on Page 13 on how to clean!

#6 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

View Postvic_man4, on Jul 8 2008, 03:32 PM, said:

Try the owners manual Tigah ;)

http://www.kwausa.co...ries_manual.pdf

There it is ^.^ Look on Page 13 on how to clean!

OKAY THX :lol:

#7 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

Okay I checked the barrel and the hop up and.... Everything's fine; no obstructions and hop up looks fine, also the barrel looks very clean and shine inside. Im guessing its the magazine.

#8 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 08 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

View PostDaTigah, on Jul 8 2008, 11:40 AM, said:

Okay I checked the barrel and the hop up and.... Everything's fine; no obstructions and hop up looks fine, also the barrel looks very clean and shine inside. Im guessing its the magazine.


I take the barrel out.  remove the hop rubber.  Clean with gasoline using a microfibre cloth until it dries.. then wipe clean the outer barrel with water (take out excess gasoline from the outer barrel that touches the hop rubber.

#9 Beer.N.Gin

Beer.N.Gin

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Location:In the shadows...

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

I had a similar problem before (problem 1). My magazine needed to be rewinded. Also, I replaced the stock inner barrel.

#10 vic_man4

vic_man4

    Specialist

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Location:Niagara, Ontario, Canada
  • Interests:Airsoft, XBox 360 (GamerTag = CovertMaz), Cars, and HEAVY METAL \m/

Posted 08 July 2008 - 04:55 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Jul 8 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

I take the barrel out.  remove the hop rubber.  Clean with gasoline using a microfibre cloth until it dries.. then wipe clean the outer barrel with water (take out excess gasoline from the outer barrel that touches the hop rubber.

Gasoline O.o?

#11 DaTigah

DaTigah

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Location:East Stroudsburg, PA United States

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

View Postvic_man4, on Jul 8 2008, 08:55 PM, said:

Gasoline O.o?

I know right? I was like...WhaaaAA?

#12 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:30 PM

View PostDaTigah, on Jul 8 2008, 05:44 PM, said:

I know right? I was like...WhaaaAA?


Yes unleaded gasoline... takes the teflon out easy...hehe shhhh our little secret  :lol:

(if you clean your car yourselves youll know that gasoline removes asphalt sticking in your carpaint... It is also used by mechanics to clean engines.)

Edited by karMeister, 08 July 2008 - 06:32 PM.


#13 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

View PostkarMeister, on Jul 8 2008, 07:30 PM, said:

Yes unleaded gasoline... takes the teflon out easy...hehe shhhh our little secret  :lol:

(if you clean your car yourselves youll know that gasoline removes asphalt sticking in your carpaint... It is also used by mechanics to clean engines.)


Best tips for the day!! You earned a cookie. :lol:

#14 karMeister

karMeister

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:a small hole under a rock =P
  • Interests:EAR=((1+APR/n)^n)-1
  • Country:

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:08 AM

View Postallizard, on Jul 8 2008, 07:48 PM, said:

Best tips for the day!! You earned a cookie. :lol:


a cut microfibre cloth will work best for the inner barrel to shine, yes the ones used to clean sunglasses/laptop screens etch. (not oakley puches... theyre not good even f :lol: or oakleys hehe....)

A basic rule is not to use a dirty cloth or if you see the cloth getting dirty after the first "wipe" youll have to replace it with a new one.

Edited by karMeister, 09 July 2008 - 05:10 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users