G36 Beginner Questions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Valen_*

Guest_Valen_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

Well I've done a ton of research and am deciding on getting the KWA over the Ares, SRC, CA, and TM! I had owned a couple of other airsoft guns, but this will be the first one I am going to modify myself - though I know not many mods are necessary.

One of the main questions I've got is this: I will be playing a lot in a CQB field, so I need to get the fps to 350. I hear it shoots around 380 stock. What are my options? Should I do something other than change out a spring?

The only two modifications I want to perform on the gun will be a tightbore barrel, and a new hop up. What are the top of the line items I am looking for in these areas?
Am I overlooking any other preferred mods?

And onto the battery - I understand the KWA has a uniquely large foregrip. From what I've read so far, I'm going to hold off on getting Li-po. What's the largest maH battery I can fit in the gun? I am also assuming I should run a 9.6v, correct me if I'm wrong.

#2 Guest_Box Goblin_*

Guest_Box Goblin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Power of some stock KG36c is very high, sometimes 400FPS

but stock gun have excellent hopup bucking so no requirement to fix. :D

#3 nameless

nameless

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:12 PM

View PostValen, on 05 August 2009 - 01:42 PM, said:

The only two modifications I want to perform on the gun will be a tightbore barrel, and a new hop up. What are the top of the line items I am looking for in these areas?
Am I overlooking any other preferred mods?

If you get one of the latest KWA G36C's, it should have the 2G bucking.  In my opinion you don't need to upgrade that...it's the best around.  As for tightbore, I've had issues finding the right one.  It seems like Edgi is the way to go, and that's what I'm going to try next.

Other mods?  It's a KWA...you're pretty much good to go right out of the box (except for maybe adding a MOSFET system).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users