Couple starter questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_camowolf_*

Guest_camowolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 12:08 AM

Well, I've already got a G36 loadout, and I'll be switching to KWA in early september. I have three questions.

What fps is the stock spring pushing out .25 Excel Bios?

I'm going to be using a prommy 455mm barrel, and I was wondering if I'll need to get a new cylinder for it. If so, any suggestions on what I should get?

In your opinion (the reader) is it worth getting the STAR 30rd mags for realism, or should I stick to my 140rd ones? I'm worried I'll be running out of ammo in mags left and right, because of the ROF. I'll be using a 9.6 NiMH.

Thanks!

Edited by camowolf, 05 August 2009 - 12:10 AM.

#2 nameless

nameless

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

View Postcamowolf, on 05 August 2009 - 12:08 AM, said:

Well, I've already got a G36 loadout, and I'll be switching to KWA in early september. I have three questions.

What fps is the stock spring pushing out .25 Excel Bios?

I'm going to be using a prommy 455mm barrel, and I was wondering if I'll need to get a new cylinder for it. If so, any suggestions on what I should get?

In your opinion (the reader) is it worth getting the STAR 30rd mags for realism, or should I stick to my 140rd ones? I'm worried I'll be running out of ammo in mags left and right, because of the ROF. I'll be using a 9.6 NiMH.

Thanks!

I use Excel .25 bios and I think I usually get in the 350-360 fps range.  If you haven't bought that Prometheus barrel yet, I'd say don't.  You can read my posts on here about it not working well with my KWA G36C.

As for the mags, it all depends on how you play.  If you're going to be using full auto at all, I'd say stick with the 140s.  You'd be amazed how fast you can go through 30 rounds.

#3 Guest_camowolf_*

Guest_camowolf_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2009 - 11:38 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll stick with a 455mm CA TB. Since I'm adding an extra 208mm to the stock barrel, would it be wise to install a Systema NB type 1 cylinder? I don't quite yet understand cylinders yet, but I believe that is the matched cylinder to 455mm.

#4 JustShootHimAlready

JustShootHimAlready

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:25 PM

View Postcamowolf, on 05 August 2009 - 11:38 PM, said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll stick with a 455mm CA TB. Since I'm adding an extra 208mm to the stock barrel, would it be wise to install a Systema NB type 1 cylinder? I don't quite yet understand cylinders yet, but I believe that is the matched cylinder to 455mm.
Yeah you will probably want to switch to a type 1 or 0 cylinder or Prometheus type A etc.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:58 AM

The stock KG36 is already set up for a long barrel, just needs the barrel.  No need to tamper with the awesome factory seals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users