Question regarding the P226 PTP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_matnet2002_*

Guest_matnet2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:35 AM

Hello all,
     I recently purchased a P226 PTP, and this is my very first airsoft guns.  I have some questions below, hope I can get help here.

1)  There wasn't a manual in the box, where can I get 1?

2)  When should I do maintenance?  and how should I do it?  Is there some sort of document or video where I can get my hand on to see how to open the gun up and clean it?

3)  I would like to get a laser site for it, which one should I get and where can I get them?

Thank you so much for all you help,
andy

#2 Jeremy314

Jeremy314

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Scifi, anime, airsoft, PS3 gaming

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:21 AM

View Postmatnet2002, on 22 July 2009 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hello all,
     I recently purchased a P226 PTP, and this is my very first airsoft guns.  I have some questions below, hope I can get help here.

1)  There wasn't a manual in the box, where can I get 1?

2)  When should I do maintenance?  and how should I do it?  Is there some sort of document or video where I can get my hand on to see how to open the gun up and clean it?

3)  I would like to get a laser site for it, which one should I get and where can I get them?

Thank you so much for all you help,
andy

Hey Andy,

You and I are sorta in the same boat, it's not my first airsoft gun, though it is my first GBB.

Mine also did not come with a manual, nor a cleaning/unjamming rod which sucks.

I'm not too sure about taking it apart and cleaning the blow back stuff yet, so I'll leave that to someone more experienced, but you should clean the barrel every time you shoot it. I'm not sure if yours came with a little rod on the right hand side of the box or not, but if you have a friend that's into airsoft, ask them to borrow one, or even ask them for a quick tutorial of how they clean their barrel. I have a friend that has a 226, and I learned most of the stuff I know about it from him.

Also a good place to go for written instruction on how to break down the slide for cleaning (recoil spring, barrel, internals of slide) you can check out Sig SAUER's website and look for the section of owner's manuals, as the 226 PTP breaks down just like the real thing aside from the inner barrel  :P .

EDIT: Also, where did you buy your 226? if you got it online, check out their site for lasers, usually most places list them in the same category as either flashlights or sights. ASGI has some, and also check out places like Airsoft barracks and Airsoft retreat, you can find some good stuff, though used mostly, at those places.

Edited by Jeremy314, 22 July 2009 - 10:23 AM.

#3 Guest_matnet2002_*

Guest_matnet2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

Thank you Jeremy,
     My gun didn't come with the cleaning rod either, and since I am the first one in my group of friends to try out airsoft, I can't really ask my friends for help.  I'll check out the real steel stuffs, as for the guns, I bought it from airsoft extreme.  I guess I'll just go back to them and buy the clean rod and other stuffs and ask them to show me how to do it too.

Again, thank you Jeremy,
andy

#4 generalvinny

generalvinny

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 05:22 PM

quick question.
Does yours have a metal slide or aluminum slide?

#5 Jester316

Jester316

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

Answer for Generalvinney: YES.

The KWA P226 comes with a light weight aluminum slide. As we all know from high school chemistry, Aluminum is metal.

#6 generalvinny

generalvinny

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:43 AM

oops. sorry for the misunderstanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users