14 replies to this topic

#1 Flipz

Flipz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

Is the flashider removable? If so what size are the threads? 14mm? And are the threads CW or CCW?
Thank you.

#2 Guest_Radix_*

Guest_Radix_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

Yes, the flash hider is removable and is 12mm CW.

#3 Guest_Shogo_*

Guest_Shogo_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:50 PM

Normally you'll need a barrel adapter if you want to put a "Can" on it.

It's certainly the same case for TM MP7.

#4 Guest_MetallicaFatCat_*

Guest_MetallicaFatCat_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

Radix so you cant use standard 14mm CCW or CW "Cans" on it?

#5 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

You can't.   You'll need a 12mm to 14mm adapter.

#6 Flipz

Flipz

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

View Postallizard, on 27 July 2009 - 03:54 PM, said:

You can't.   You'll need a 12mm to 14mm adapter.
Allizard, any idea where I can purchase a 12mm to 14mm adapter that will work with the MP7. I have looked all over and cant find any. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#7 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:53 AM

It takes time to developed new accessories for new products.  But there will be aftermarket adapter available later..

#8 oquinn07

oquinn07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:25 AM

View Postallizard, on 24 August 2009 - 05:53 AM, said:

It takes time to developed new accessories for new products.  But there will be aftermarket adapter available later..

Why would they make the threads 12mm and cw? That doesn't make any scene to me since a adapter will have to be specially made for it and now you can mount on your favorite flash hider or suppressor, so my question is what good is that going to do us the consumer? Doesn't seem practical, unless kwa wants to make more money off of us by making there mp7 owners by a kwa accessorize to mount different flash hiders/suppressors

#9 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:08 AM

View Postoquinn07, on 03 September 2009 - 05:25 AM, said:

Why would they make the threads 12mm and cw? That doesn't make any scene to me since a adapter will have to be specially made for it and now you can mount on your favorite flash hider or suppressor, so my question is what good is that going to do us the consumer? Doesn't seem practical, unless kwa wants to make more money off of us by making there mp7 owners by a kwa accessorize to mount different flash hiders/suppressors

I can answer your question easily.  Why 12mm? Simple! the outer barrel diameter of the live MP7 accommodates a 4.6x30mm proprietary round. Due to design constraints (and saving weight) HK went with the smallest available thread they saw fit(which so happens to be proprietary as well).  To make true to the real counterpart, our design incorporates the nearest common thread size and pitch, 12x1mm+ (Clock-wise).

As for the question to expandable MP7 products.  The current electric counterparts already uses an uncommon negative thread (IIRC, 12x1.5mm- [negative]).  You'll have to purchase parts made specifically for that particular gun.  Our case, it's simplified to easy machine taps.

#10 Infidel

Infidel

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:39 AM

View Postoquinn07, on 03 September 2009 - 05:25 AM, said:

You're giving KWA crap because their MP7A1 is too realistic and is not compatible with your "toy" suppressor?

#11 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

View PostInfidel, on 03 September 2009 - 11:39 AM, said:

You're giving KWA crap because their MP7A1 is too realistic and is not compatible with your "toy" suppressor?

hahhahaha I was kind of thinking the same thing.  :icecream:  :D

#12 oquinn07

oquinn07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 10:32 PM

View PostInfidel, on 21 January 2010 - 12:38 PM, said:

Is 2mm really that much more realistic, I mean are you going to pick one up that has a 14mm barrel and look n say wow this looks totally unrealistic its 2 mm off  :iiam:  I think 2 mm wouldnt hurts its realism and would be nice to have personally but thats just me ;)

#13 jotohomomoto

jotohomomoto

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

how do you remove the flashhider?  :icecream:

#14 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

View Postoquinn07, on 21 January 2010 - 10:32 PM, said:

Is 2mm really that much more realistic, I mean are you going to pick one up that has a 14mm barrel and look n say wow this looks totally unrealistic its 2 mm off :iiam: I think 2 mm wouldnt hurts its realism and would be nice to have personally but thats just me ;)
Just a guess here but I wonder if 2mm could mean the difference between getting the HK license agreement and not? A 14mm flash hider would not look like the RS model. Plain and simple. :gun:

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,650 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 January 2010 - 05:42 PM

View Postjotohomomoto, on 22 January 2010 - 01:48 PM, said:

how do you remove the flashhider? :icecream:
:iiam:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users