Does a Large 8.4v Battery REALLY fit?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Jonny Reload_*

Guest_Jonny Reload_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2009 - 09:29 AM

I tried to fit in my Large 9.6v and ironicly, it fits, yet the large to small adapter is what makes it too bulky. Now I was considering getting an 8.4v 4500mAH Battery it's just a little shorter then the 9.6v.... Does that inch really make a difference, cause their almost identicly in size, bulk, etc. except for that 1". I wanted to know if anyone on here uses 8.4v Large Types comfortably (since I noticed the 9.6 put some stress on the hand guard's plastic casing when putting it in.

#2 Guest_allizard_*

Guest_allizard_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

You can always changed the plug if you know how to do soldering.  You are not limited by Tamiya only.

#3 Guest_Jonny Reload_*

Guest_Jonny Reload_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:32 AM

View Postallizard, on 21 July 2009 - 10:02 AM, said:

You can always changed the plug if you know how to do soldering.  You are not limited by Tamiya only.
Eh... I don't know how to solder. I just wanted to know if a generic Large 8.4v would fit (as advertised) on the box  :unsure:

#4 Spectre Gadget

Spectre Gadget

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

View PostJonny Reload, on 18 July 2009 - 09:29 AM, said:

I tried to fit in my Large 9.6v and ironicly, it fits, yet the large to small adapter is what makes it too bulky. Now I was considering getting an 8.4v 4500mAH Battery it's just a little shorter then the 9.6v.... Does that inch really make a difference, cause their almost identicly in size, bulk, etc. except for that 1". I wanted to know if anyone on here uses 8.4v Large Types comfortably (since I noticed the 9.6 put some stress on the hand guard's plastic casing when putting it in.

I use a large type battery in mine, with a 2-inch adaptor cord.  I really should convert them over to something else, but to answer your question, yes, it does fit.  If you place the cord right as you slide on the foregrip it barely gives you any problems.

#5 Spiggy

Spiggy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:54 PM

it's a bit tricky at first, but yes, it's entirely possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users