Jump to content


Official KWA M4 Series Photo Gallery


  • Please log in to reply
1376 replies to this topic

#1241 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

 Hitman07, on 15 July 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

You need to fix that pistol grip kwaglock
how and why

#1242 aaps59

aaps59

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York City
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, cars, computers.
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

You going to change the stock or keep the LE stock?

#1243 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

 aaps59, on 15 July 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

You going to change the stock or keep the LE stock?
im probably going to keep it, stocks are so expensive

#1244 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

 kwaglock, on 15 July 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

how and why
Based on the picture I saw, the way your MOE grip is installed the motor is not properly seated and aligned.  Not to mention the strain you are putting on the screws that attach the grip to the lower receiver.  I would definitely properly reinstall it ASAP.

#1245 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

 gcw360, on 15 July 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Based on the picture I saw, the way your MOE grip is installed the motor is not properly seated and aligned.  Not to mention the strain you are putting on the screws that attach the grip to the lower receiver.  I would definitely properly reinstall it ASAP.
how?
I'm just going to take the grip off till i get further info

Edited by kwaglock, 15 July 2012 - 07:58 PM.


#1246 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

I had the same problem. Remove the stock and loosen the buffer tube and pull the sling attachment back... then install the MOE grip and tighten it up. Then slid the sling attachment back on.

It should look like this: Posted Image

#1247 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

 Hitman07, on 15 July 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

I had the same problem. Remove the stock and loosen the buffer tube and pull the sling attachment back... then install the MOE grip and tighten it up. Then slid the sling attachment back on.

It should look like this: Posted Image
yea, i tried that when i first got it and it still wouldn't fit, so i sanded the beaver tail so i could slide it on. i thought it was fine but than gcw said i did it wrong and he seems to know what he's talking about, i really don't want my gun to wear down faster or have too much tension on the screws that hold the grip to the gun.

#1248 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:00 AM

ill post some pics of the inside of the grip without the motor so you guys can tell more clearly what i have to do

#1249 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:02 AM

btw thanks for the help that would have been bad if i messed up my gun so early

#1250 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

I have the same grip as you. Mine fit on perfect after I had the sling mount out of the way.

#1251 dino325

dino325

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hawaii
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:18 AM

Ill throw my LM4 in here..

Posted Image

#1252 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

 dino325, on 16 July 2012 - 03:18 AM, said:

Ill throw my LM4 in here..

Posted Image
wow you really tricked that thing out, i love guns that are painted but unfortunately i can't find anyone in my area that does paint jobs :cry:

#1253 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:53 AM

 Hitman07, on 16 July 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

I have the same grip as you. Mine fit on perfect after I had the sling mount out of the way.
hmmmmm, thats really strange, but i already have it on i just might need to mod it a little more

#1254 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

here are those photos i said i was going to post
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1893.jpg
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1894.jpg
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1895.jpg

#1255 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

here are some from looking strait down into to grip
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1901.jpg
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1902.jpg
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1903.jpg

#1256 Hitman07

Hitman07

    Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:YouTube, Airsoft/Paintball, and Computers
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Like I said. The sling mount is preventing it from going on. Remove it :)

#1257 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

 Hitman07, on 16 July 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

Like I said. The sling mount is preventing it from going on. Remove it :)
its already on but gcw said i had it on wrong

#1258 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

as you can see the sling mount isn't a prob
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1905.jpg

#1259 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

 kwaglock, on 16 July 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

as you can see the sling mount isn't a prob
http://s1167.photobu...nt=IMG_1905.jpg
I installed a MOE grip yesterday on my son's gun.  There have been changes to the design.  The previous models required some modding to the edge that met up with the lower receiver and behind the trigger.  It also required removal of some material at the beaver tail.  This latest edition still required some material to be removed from the beaver tail, I tried the install without doing so and the sling mount would not sit flat.  Once I sanded the beaver tail I had to push on the grip FIRMLY and install the mounting screws.  Then I tightened the buffer tube and the installation was done. I think the issue here is simply seating the grip properly.  Is the front edge of the grip behind the trigger preventing the grip from seating?

#1260 kwaglock

kwaglock

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:boulder, co
  • Interests:Evos, STis, WRXs, Skyline GTRs, etc
  • Country:

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

 gcw360, on 16 July 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

I installed a MOE grip yesterday on my son's gun.  There have been changes to the design.  The previous models required some modding to the edge that met up with the lower receiver and behind the trigger.  It also required removal of some material at the beaver tail.  This latest edition still required some material to be removed from the beaver tail, I tried the install without doing so and the sling mount would not sit flat.  Once I sanded the beaver tail I had to push on the grip FIRMLY and install the mounting screws.  Then I tightened the buffer tube and the installation was done. I think the issue here is simply seating the grip properly.  Is the front edge of the grip behind the trigger preventing the grip from seating?
what do you mean by seating?




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users