• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 new at this

new at this

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

every time I shoot my gun whines and doesn't sound like most cqr's. motor height makes it whine and not shoot and to me it sounds as if one of the gears are rubbing. what could it be please help!

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

So adjust the motor height down. Unscrew the screw at the bottom of the motor grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 sr10dude

sr10dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Basketball . football. Airsoft

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Stf is correct. The motor might be to high does it sound like it is having time shooting?  And like a loud wine when it gets shooting? If so it's most likely the motor height. Try adjusting that.  If it still acts up. Reply.

#4 new at this

new at this

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

That was not the problem.The motor adjustments is fine but when shot you don't only hear the piston like most others cqr's. any other deas?

#5 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

What do you mean you don't only hear the piston? My CQR whines too. It's always going to whine. All you an do is adjust the pitch of it really. If the motor is too high, it will sound more like a squeak and you will be able to hear the difference because the motor will slow down and you'll be able to tell that the motor is straining. If the motor is too low, it just wont shoot, but the motor will still rotate. I don't really know what you mean other than that. Motors whine

#6 new at this

new at this

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

sorry for wasting time, thanks for trying to help my stupidity.

#7 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

I've been meaning to look up what mine is supposed to sound like, so you can do the same thing. Try searching on YouTube what your gun is supposed to sound like and about where the motor should be in terms of height, and if you did that and it's still making a weird sound, try and record it and post it and we can help further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:59 AM

View Postnew at this, on 20 August 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

sorry for wasting time, thanks for trying to help my stupidity.
There is nothing stupid about your posts.  Sometimes a bit of whine occurs but is not of much consequence.  Other times it's an indicator of a potential issue.

The whining can be motor height, shimming, or motor mis-alignment to name a few causes.  Has the motor plate been removed?  Or, has the gun's gearbox ever been opened? I don't suppose you have added a Magpul Moe pistol grip (or other non-OEM pistol grip)? Lastly, can you post a video of the gun firing?  This would at least give us an idea of what we might be dealing with.

Hope this helps.

#9 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:23 PM

Hey NAT whine can be normal. None of us are there to hear your gun shoot. I have a SR10, it sounds very crisp (piston only ?).  Has a high torque motor in it with a small 11.1. Has been running great for a long time like that, stock gear box. But when I put a 9.6 in it, I think it sounds terrible (whines a little). Guess I have got used to the way it sounds now, thought it sounded good stock when I first got it.  Also have a lot of other guns, VFC, Top Teck, ect. They sound great when a  good motor goes into them. Not to say the gears in yours may be shimmed poorly, I have had all my gearboxes apart to check shimming and good shimming with a stock motor just doesnt sound as good as a motor/battery upgrade.  Hope this helps.

Edited by Larry, 22 August 2014 - 04:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: whine, cqr, mod2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users