#1 rccapps

rccapps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:playing air soft, working on airsoft guns

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

I have a atp that only cycles when you push up on the mag. Other wise it will only fire one round then you have to rack the slide to fire again. Any thoughts what may be the cause. It does this with all four mags. Thanks for reading.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

My guess without seeing the gun is either a worn mag catch or a damaged/worn impact block.

#3 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Post has been dead for a couple weeks,  but needed to post something I stumbled on today. Propane user. Lately my ATP has not been cycling fully, and today (90 degrees) just barely puffing out any gas. Had to rack it every time just to shoot poorly, plenty of gas in the mag. Been searching everywhere for answers. Had gun apart several times tonite. Stumbled on a post that in hot weather propane pressures get high enough to keep the hammer from being able to push the mag valve in properly. Found my lost can of green gas and problem fixed. Cycles like new. Then I short filled the mag with propane, cycles fine. Hopes this may help some that are having the same issue in hot weather.

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

View PostLarry, on 31 August 2014 - 06:13 PM, said:

Post has been dead for a couple weeks,  but needed to post something I stumbled on today. Propane user. Lately my ATP has not been cycling fully, and today (90 degrees) just barely puffing out any gas. Had to rack it every time just to shoot poorly, plenty of gas in the mag. Been searching everywhere for answers. Had gun apart several times tonite. Stumbled on a post that in hot weather propane pressures get high enough to keep the hammer from being able to push the mag valve in properly. Found my lost can of green gas and problem fixed. Cycles like new. Then I short filled the mag with propane, cycles fine. Hopes this may help some that are having the same issue in hot weather.
Great post.  Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users