5 replies to this topic

#1 Holiday14

Holiday14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft and soccer

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

Buying a kwa cqr mod2 soon and wanted to know what I can do internally and externally to raise range and accuracy, wanted a field gun that I can also go inside with so I want to shoot around 395 fps and I know fps has nothing to do with range or accuracy all advice is welcome thank you for your time

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

If you haven't bought it yet, why not just buy a field ready gun?

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

Muzzle velocity (termed "fps" for obsure reasons in airsoft) has everything to do with range.

Indoor venues almost universally require a MV under 350fps with 0.20g BBs and the KM4 series requires major disassembly to change springs and cylinders to change velocitiy.  Yeah you can have a dual purpose gun but you'll be cracking the gearbox consantly to change MV.  You can buy a complete custom spring/cylinder gearbox for a little over $100 from KWA but that still requires complete disassembly of the gun.

350fps with 0.20g BBs has an energy of just about 1 joule the defacto safety standard.  Outdoors there are typically minimum engagement ranges.  BB velocity and consequently energy drops like a stone beyond "close quarters" range.

If your indoor venue allows 400fps you're good to go.  Try the stock gun first before thinking you need to modify it!

We get constant questions on upgrading the CQR lower receiver.  Buy your second KM4 first!  :)

-- Chuck

#4 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

All the fields close to me have a limit of 400, indoor and out. So unless you're somewhere that has those 350 limits, buy a field ready gun that's already there. Saves time and could save money if you do it right.

#5 Holiday14

Holiday14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

View PostChuck S, on 14 August 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Muzzle velocity (termed "fps" for obsure reasons in airsoft) has everything to do with range.

Indoor venues almost universally require a MV under 350fps with 0.20g BBs and the KM4 series requires major disassembly to change springs and cylinders to change velocitiy.  Yeah you can have a dual purpose gun but you'll be cracking the gearbox consantly to change MV.  You can buy a complete custom spring/cylinder gearbox for a little over $100 from KWA but that still requires complete disassembly of the gun.

350fps with 0.20g BBs has an energy of just about 1 joule the defacto safety standard.  Outdoors there are typically minimum engagement ranges.  BB velocity and consequently energy drops like a stone beyond "close quarters" range.

If your indoor venue allows 400fps you're good to go.  Try the stock gun first before thinking you need to modify it!

We get constant questions on upgrading the CQR lower receiver.  Buy your second KM4 first!  :)

-- Chuck

View PostChuck S, on 14 August 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Oh I always heard fps had nothing to do with range and fps from many people but, I'm just looking for something  compact with field range qualities
-- Chuck

#6 Holiday14

Holiday14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

And I live in ohio where most outdoor place require a 400 or lower fps for full auto and some have meds like right now I have a g&p which is shooting 406 and my med is 40 ft and  looking for a kwa that is compact that had field qualities, could I possibly get like a kwa ris and put a shorter barrel on it or would that drop fps and range?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users