2 replies to this topic

#1 sr10dude

sr10dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Basketball . football. Airsoft

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Hi everyone, new to the forum and not entirely sure if im posting in the right section. I just need a little bit of help.

Okay so i bought a km4 sr10 off of a buddy for $130( cant beat that price)

The only thing i am not satisfied by is the lengthy barrel because i am the person who loves the [barrel extension] on my gun. So i went onto youtube and googled how to dissemble the barrel on the km4. but they said that it unscrews under the gas block. well my gun didnt and i wrecked the outer barrel. So i am curious to know where i can buy an outer barrel that will barrely come out of the rails i want to leave the inner barrel because ill get a [barrel extension] that will conceal it. if anyone has done a build like this or know the parts i am looking for please do send links

I have did research on this gun too not just a noob posting for help. I found a nice 10.5 outer barrel that will lead a little out of the rail systems but i dont know what the big block is on my barrel and if that metal tube is needed( is it the gas block) that part is not on the outer barrel that i found.

Thanks, much appreciation for reading.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:16 AM

Don't rush into things!  The owners manual with a parts diagram is available for download and shows the barrel assembly.

The outer barrel is indeed two parts but they're typically glued together.  Locktite needs to be heated to at least "hair dryer" temperatures to soften it enough to unscrew.  Airsoft muzzle threading is also typically "backwards"  -- Lefty-Tighty!  -- KWA threading is in my experience.  Skipping softening the Locktite and/or trying to unscrew the wrong way will result in what you experienced.

The "gas tube" is decoration on an airsoft (although it may keep the handguards from rotating on some models) and the "big block" is where gas is bled off in the real rifle.  Neither has an true function on this gun I'm aware of.

-- Chuck

#3 sr10dude

sr10dude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Basketball . football. Airsoft

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

Thanks chuck so if I want a short outer barrel like 10.5 I will not need the gas block ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users