Jump to content


SR-12 Outer Barrel


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lowclass06

lowclass06

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hey guys, I'm planning to drop a shorter outer barrel in my sr-12; however, instead of buying a new outer barrel, can anyone verify whether the sr-12 outer barrel is a two piece or one piece?

I've seen videos and read people confirming the sr-10 is a two piece but I'm not sure about the sr-12.  It almost seems like it's a two piece when inspecting the line right before the gas block "block," (moving toward the front end of the gun) but after heating and twisting (clockwise), still no luck.  

Appreciate it if someone can confirm.

Thanks!

#2 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

View Postlowclass06, on 09 August 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Hey guys, I'm planning to drop a shorter outer barrel in my sr-12; however, instead of buying a new outer barrel, can anyone verify whether the sr-12 outer barrel is a two piece or one piece?

I've seen videos and read people confirming the sr-10 is a two piece but I'm not sure about the sr-12.  It almost seems like it's a two piece when inspecting the line right before the gas block "block," (moving toward the front end of the gun) but after heating and twisting (clockwise), still no luck.  

Appreciate it if someone can confirm.

Thanks!
While there are a number of KWA AEGs with 2pc outer barrels, the SR12 and KM16 have a one pc. outer barrel.

#3 lowclass06

lowclass06

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Thanks gcw!  You've probably saved me a couple of hours:)

#4 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

View Postlowclass06, on 09 August 2014 - 12:59 PM, said:

Thanks gcw!  You've probably saved me a couple of hours:)
NP

#5 captainkirk05

captainkirk05

    Enthusiast

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Country:

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

I have an SR12 and it is showing all the signs of having a 2 piece outer barrel. I just have to figure how to remove the extension without breaking the barrel.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

    Supreme Guru

  • Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,736 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography
  • Country:

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:41 AM

View Postcaptainkirk05, on 03 October 2014 - 11:27 PM, said:

I have an SR12 and it is showing all the signs of having a 2 piece outer barrel. I just have to figure how to remove the extension without breaking the barrel.
It has a CCW thread, the same as the flash hider.  You may need to apply heat if it is glued in place.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users