7 replies to this topic

#1 jedk

jedk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:airsofting!!!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

I have been airsofting for a while now and i have had an aeg before but it broke and now i am looking at getting a higher quality gun and i want to get a kwa. Which model would you guys recommend.

#2 jedk

jedk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

I have used the SR7 before and i liked the rail system but i kinda like a bit longer of a barrel

#3 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

Then go for the KM4 RIS. Standard 14.5 inch M4 carbine length. Or if you're looking for even longer, look at the SR10.

#4 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

Or if you need a cheaper option you can look at the CQR series, really solid gun. Only downfall of the cqr is no rail system.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:02 AM

Mission should drive equipment.  Indoors or out?  Milsim (30 round magazines) or not (500 round wind-ups)?  Day or night/low level light?

"Rail systems" are fluff in airsoft (and largely fluff on 5.56mm carbines), there's nothing useful you can put on them other than, perhaps, a flashlight and a lil' Magpul 4-slot rail will handle that task for a couple of bucks.

KWA AEGs are pretty much functionaly alike with the same gearbox, magazines, etc.  The RM4 adds some simulated recoil and is, for me, more satisfying than my KM4-CGB AEG (my first).  Short barrels produce low muzzle velocity and are usually selected for indoor games (or shooting).  They can be modified for more or less muzzle velocity if you're willing to open the gearbox (I ain't!).

I have three (3) KWA M4 carbines -- it's a bit of a disease -- but use them all.  The LM4 GBB is the closest thing to my M4 Carbine and is set up the same way -- OK, with a rail!  Used for training and practice when I can't get to the range.  Handles 9" tall E-silouettes easily out to 30 meters.  The RM4 is my current "deer gun" used to chase the white tails out of my back yard most evenings.  Good for butt shots (and doesn't hurt the deer).  I only place shots in their rear half, well away from their faces.  The KM4-CQB gets used the least outdoors.

The gas guns are most satisfying (I have a KWA AK74 as well just to remind me what a lousy rifle the AK system really is) but keeping green gas in stock is a hassle.  Batteries charge fairly quickly and I keep spares (they all use the same model 11.1v LiPO battery).

-- Chuck

#6 jedk

jedk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the input i am probably going to go with the cqr mod 1

#7 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

All I can say is get what you like the most. After all your the one how has to use it.

#8 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 03:13 AM

It's a good choice but...  ;)

We get lots of questions regarding upgrading the plastic lower receiver to metal and many more on increasing the muzzle velocity which seems to run no more than 330fps after gearbox wear-in.  A ballistic match for my all metal KM4-CQB but with a full 14.5" barrel vs the handier 10" on mine -- and the gun I use the least due to "indoor" muzzle velocity and lack of recoil.

Like other things I recommend "buy your second [fill in the blank] first."

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 10 August 2014 - 03:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users