• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jezworld

jezworld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

Quick question that I hope someone may help with: My vector's charge handle wont spring back when charging and kind of gets stuck. I have to move it forward myself to get it in a position to fire. Any idea what part could be omiss?

In order to try and identify the problem, I took it apart and all parts seems to be in place.

The charge handle still wont automatically reseat itself (spring is intact just not potent enough to pull it back to position) which is odd - there seems to be too much resistance in the charge handle runners area.

Lubed it up with silicone and that hasn't really fixed it either. I think the only other course of action is to shave down the area where its binding as the tolerances are too tight stopping the handle from moving easily. This may involve full lower dismantle and using some emery paper on the slider surfaces. Reckon this is the way to go?

Anyone else have this problem? At the moment to charge the gun you have to pull the handle back and actually push it forward.

Edited by jezworld, 06 August 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:39 AM

Did it ever used to charge properly? Or has it always been difficult to charge? If it's just a recent problem, the spring could be worn down and just not have the energy to pull the handle back into where it's supposed to be.

#3 jezworld

jezworld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

That could be it perhaps. As the gun is second hand I really don't know how it was originally but I suspect it never has worked as the internals are spotless (no wear)

#4 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

Either never worked or never used. You could try either, whichever you want to do first. You could try sanding down the area(s) that's causing extra friction and if that's not the issue, then you could go with a new spring.

#5 jezworld

jezworld

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Will do! Thank you for your help! I'll update here if I find a resolution.

#6 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,651 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 09 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

View Postjezworld, on 08 August 2014 - 07:23 AM, said:

Will do! Thank you for your help! I'll update here if I find a resolution.
Pull the bolt and look at the points of contact where it pivots in the channel it rides in.  I would clean and lube it first to see if that resolves the issue.  If not, then I would try STF's approach.  I have 2 Vectors, both have exhibited this issue to some degree at times.  One needed lube, the other sanding....Less is more when teching so approach the repair in a stepwise fashion.  You can always send it to KWA for repair also.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users