• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mako1899

Mako1899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hey guys I need some help!  So I've had my lm4 for a bit now and randomly if I have to bolt locked back and I move the gun around a bit the bolt will close by itself and then I have to press the bolt catch to reset it. Is my bolt catch just worn down and needs replacing or is there anything else wrong? Please help!

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

If you're closing the bolt by depressing (or slapping) the bolt stop the edge front of the bolt carrier will wear into a rounded shape and not hold it tightly to the rear,  There are threads on how to fix this and someone will come along and link a couple of them.

-- Chuck

#3 Mako1899

Mako1899

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:57 PM

Thanks chuck! I just looked at it and noticed it was really worn, I have some extra money I think I'll just order another bolt carrier and maybe a extra bolt catch just in case. Thanks again!

#4 john777

john777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:46 PM

have a question about putting a real steel or just a better "steel" bolt catch in my gun by a different brand. if so please and thank you for your response.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:01 AM

The wear in the LM4 typically appears on the bolt itself, not the bolt catch.  A more wear resistant bolt catch will just make the bolt wear worse.  KWA modified the design to allow cycling the action to close the bolt which lessens the wear but won't stop it completely.  After time the lower face of the bolt will need dressing.  I believe this part of the bolt feeds BBs out of the magazine.

This is one of those cases where "dry firing" accelerates wear.  Save your use of the bolt catch as a bolt release for when you need it, otherwise retract the charging handle to close the bolt.  Earlier versions of the LM4 (like mine) are easily modified to allow this.

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users