• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nevec4

Nevec4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

So I just got my new KWA SR7 a couple days ago. I was very excited to test it, so i went outside and started adjusting the hop up so i could get my bbs consistently hitting targets, but when I went to adjust it, the gears would not budge. After trying for a while and barely making any progress, I gave up. I came back the next day, and tried again. The same thing was happening. I kept trying and trying, but no luck. Eventually, one of the gears from the hop up actually fell off/broke. I ordered a new hop up thinking that it was a problem with the current hop up, but its still happening with the new one. Please help, I really want to use this gun!

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:01 PM

If the gears aren't spinning at ALL, take a Phillips head screw driver, and slightly loosen the screw in the hop up unit until it moves

#3 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 31 July 2014 - 03:01 PM, said:

If the gears aren't spinning at ALL, take a Phillips head screw driver, and slightly loosen the screw in the hop up unit until it moves
Yes, you need to loosen the first gear(left gear) in the hop up unit.

#4 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,880 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:58 AM

Are you able to adjust the hop up dial when it's out of the gun?  I ask because sometimes the hop up unit can jam up in the upper receiver not allowing for free rotation of the adjustment dial.

#5 Nevec4

Nevec4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

View Postniko_gpsy, on 01 August 2014 - 04:58 AM, said:

Are you able to adjust the hop up dial when it's out of the gun?  I ask because sometimes the hop up unit can jam up in the upper receiver not allowing for free rotation of the adjustment dial.

Yes i can adjust it fine outside of the gun.

#6 Nevec4

Nevec4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

So i managed to snap a picture of something that looks to be broken right where the hop up sits, it appears that there is a peice chipped or broken off of the right side of the tube. I'm wondering if there are any replacement parts or repairs that can be done to fix it?

Here it is:

Posted Image

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostNevec4, on 01 August 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

So i managed to snap a picture of something that looks to be broken right where the hop up sits, it appears that there is a peice chipped or broken off of the right side of the tube. I'm wondering if there are any replacement parts or repairs that can be done to fix it?

Here it is:

Posted Image
That is not broken.  It is the way it's manufactured.  However, it looks like the outer barrel is mis-aligned and rotated clockwise.  This needs to be fixed. Also, I am concerned about the charging handle spring, it looks like it has been cover stretched.  It should not be sagging and appears to be in the picture.  Did you buy this gun new?

#8 Nevec4

Nevec4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

View Postgcw360, on 01 August 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

That is not broken.  It is the way it's manufactured.  However, it looks like the outer barrel is mis-aligned and rotated clockwise.  This needs to be fixed. Also, I am concerned about the charging handle spring, it looks like it has been cover stretched.  It should not be sagging and appears to be in the picture.  Did you buy this gun new?

Yes I bought it new. I pulled the charging handle spring all the way out once, so that could be it. Also, how should I fix the outer barrel issue?

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

View PostNevec4, on 01 August 2014 - 03:41 PM, said:

Yes I bought it new. I pulled the charging handle spring all the way out once, so that could be it. Also, how should I fix the outer barrel issue?
The best way is to remove the barrel nut, re-seat the outer barrel, and reinstall the nut.  This is best left to a professional.  Now, with that said you might me able to grab that bad boy and turn it slightly with your hands or perhaps a strap wrench.  We are only talking a very slight turn

#10 Nevec4

Nevec4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

View Postgcw360, on 01 August 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

The best way is to remove the barrel nut, re-seat the outer barrel, and reinstall the nut.  This is best left to a professional.  Now, with that said you might me able to grab that bad boy and turn it slightly with your hands or perhaps a strap wrench.  We are only talking a very slight turn

Alright ill try it, thanks a lot man! Really appreciate it! Also, is the charging handle spring sagging a major issue that should be fixed or is it not really a big deal?

#11 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,595 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostNevec4, on 01 August 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Alright ill try it, thanks a lot man! Really appreciate it! Also, is the charging handle spring sagging a major issue that should be fixed or is it not really a big deal?
I would fix it only because it will get in the way of the hop-up.  Or. the charging handle won't seat properly and get caught. pulled, and broken.  Its an easy fix and I highly recommend you fix it now to avoid aggravation later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users