4 replies to this topic

#1 stachur1

stachur1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

So I've been having some feeding Issues with my SR10

I got it about 3 months ago and since day 1 have had inconsistent feeding. I've taken the bucking out and washed it with soapy water. I thought it was my Pmags since they are old and I purchased a new set of the KWA midcaps thinking that would help. Unfortunately it still misfeeds. At this point I'm out of ideas on how to fix this. Ive put probably 10k rounds through it so I should be past the break in point.

Thanks,

#2 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,886 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Hey stachur1

Welcome to the KWA forums.
First, can you check to see if pushing the mag up at the base towards the gun while firing resolves the issue?  If so it may be that your mag catch is loose and simply needs to be tightened.  
Second, if you have been using spray silicone in your hop up (which you should NEVER do) your bucking could have swelled causing jams in the bucking.  You may also want to change the bucking out.

Other possibility can be that your bb feed ramp is not seated correctly or may have some micro burrs from the molding process that can hinder proper feeding.  At worst case scenario the bb ramp should be changed to see if it will resolve your feeding issues.  I know that your gun is outside the 45 day warranty period but you may want to contact KWA warranty service via "helpdesk" and I am sure they will be able to help you.

#3 Marlon54

Marlon54

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

Most likely it's the bb's you are using. I had the exact same problem. I tried everything with my mags but they still wouldn't work until I loaded the mags with elite force bb's and they fed flawlessly. Pretty sure it's just the bss you are using that don't feed good hard to believe but trust me

#4 captainkirk05

captainkirk05

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:55 PM

Bad bb's can cause jams. It's often the last thing people think about. My sr12 has fed perfectly for 2 years, until one day I tried Bioshot 0.32g bb's. My gun would misfeed every 5 shots. It took a while for me to narrow it down to the bb's as the problem. Try using a different brand if you haven't yet and see what happens.

#5 Marlon54

Marlon54

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:15 PM

Exactly, when my gun was misfeeding I would've never thought that it was the problem until I randomly tried a different brand

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users