• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 dolphinsballbag

dolphinsballbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

well my day got slightly worse.... i bought this usp on ebay it was listed as new**** and un-opened and un-used. one thing i know is that all new kwa products some with a warranty card and kwa doesn't use white lithium grease to lubricate the rails. I only payed $110 with free shipping and i talked to the guy and he wants to have me ship it back to him for a refund and he will pay for return shipping. I sent him a message telling him I think I'd rather keep it as long as hes willing to buy the parts to fix it, yeah thats right it doesn't even work :/
as soon as I "un-bagged" it, because he literally shipped it in a white bag, I put green gas in it and some bbs, it fired the first round with a huge wite cloud and only blew back to half cock on the hammer and the next shot vented ALL of the gas. I think its being caused by a cracked bb nozzle, or the rocket valve spring being to stiff, or the piston lid needing a new seal because it looks like it was dried out. Also i notices the gas was coming out the rear sight dovetail which is another reason i think it could be the piston seal. it now just vents all gas on the first round....
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

The solution is easy: i talked to the guy and he wants to have me ship it back to him for a refund and he will pay for return shipping.

These are in stock for $140-$150 at several retailers.  WIth a warranty card.

-- Chuck

#3 dolphinsballbag

dolphinsballbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

i know, but if i replace the piston seal i will work fine, also if i return it i wouldnt get another compact, i would try to get a ksc p10, i cant find them at all :(

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:41 PM

OK, replace it.  :)

You bought a used, broken gun, though.  The price should have been a clue.

-- Chuck

#5 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

The problem with ebay though is that. They say its new and in box when sometimes it isn't. You can file a complaint against him though about it not being the item you received.

#6 dolphinsballbag

dolphinsballbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

I made up my mind, and I am going to keep it, the seller has agreed to buy the replacement parts and I already removed the big paragraph on the side of the gun, plus I hate seeing these things getting neglected. Atleast if I have it I know that it will be taken care of.

I chopped the barrel:
Posted Image
and got rid of the ugly paragraph on the side:
Posted Image

I took the orange tip off because I'm ordering a new orange threaded outer barrel and it won't be taken out of my house until the barrel arrives*

#7 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

While it's against house rules to instruct on removal of the orange tip, I don't think it's illegal in most states not to have one. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think you should be fine without the tip depending on what state you're in. And mods, please direct me if this post is against house rules. I checked, double checked, and triple checked before writing this.

#8 dolphinsballbag

dolphinsballbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

But I do have a friend that wants to start making short films with airsoft, that's if he stops being lazy about it... I've seen fields in Florida that don't care. But I would still be afraid of taking it out of the house

#9 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

Yeah Florida it doesn't matter. That's where I live and I spray painted mine black

#10 dolphinsballbag

dolphinsballbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

off topic, i wish there was more places near sarasota, and venice... theres like no fields especially indoor places

#11 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

So you don't get your topic closed, I started a thread in the General Chat, "Fields in Florida". Bring that there just so you don't get this topic closed :thumbsup:

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

View PostPyro_Buster, on 31 July 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

While it's against house rules to instruct on removal of the orange tip, I don't think it's illegal in most states not to have one. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I think you should be fine without the tip depending on what state you're in. And mods, please direct me if this post is against house rules. I checked, double checked, and triple checked before writing this.
You are correct sir.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,593 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 01 August 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

So you don't get your topic closed, I started a thread in the General Chat, "Fields in Florida". Bring that there just so you don't get this topic closed :thumbsup:
Thank you.  Let's get back on topic.

By the way, the gun in the picture is supported by Umarex (it's not a KWA serial number), as are all the HK's manufactured by KWA now.  Buying a new one from Umarex gets you a 1yr warranty.  Replacing the gun would have been my recommendation as was Chuck's.

#14 dolphinsballbag

dolphinsballbag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:50 AM

View Postgcw360, on 01 August 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

Thank you.  Let's get back on topic.

By the way, the gun in the picture is supported by Umarex (it's not a KWA serial number), as are all the HK's manufactured by KWA now.  Buying a new one from Umarex gets you a 1yr warranty.  Replacing the gun would have been my recommendation as was Chuck's.

i know about the warranty with umarex, but i dont want to return it, and i kinda cant now plus i didnt want to spend another 40-50 on it, i ordered my seal and it will probably be hear monday, i will report what happens when it is changed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users