• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:28 AM

ok so i had just got a kmp9 from a friend who no longer wanted it (got it for 200 even; with two extended mags) and after a couple games it stopped firing successfully; so i open up the upper and took out the barrel and had a look, needless to say everything was a bit dirty and horridly dry.
so i did a dry clean through on the barrel and then lubed it a little with silicone oil spray re-cleaned lightly and put it back in. worked great for about a month, then took it apart again and looked and it seemed to be that the bucking had somehow shifted out towards the magazine and had become torn.
could figure out how to seperate the inner barrel from the outer to get a replacement bucking in so i bough a boneyard kmp9r and took the barrel assembly form that; now fires great (significantly more accurate too) still had the lower frame of the kmp9r so i figured i'd swap out the lower with the upper, did that re-assembled the guts from the old lower into the new one, put back together and test fired worked good, only when i went to test the full auto it doesn't cycle it will fire perfectly normally except that it only fires one shot then i have to re-cock the bolt. now if i switch it to semi there is absolutely no issues what so ever i dont have to do a thing but squeeze the trigger.
now when i took the old lower's guts out and put it into the new one i made sure to take note of what where and in what orientation, so i put everything back the way it came out. the only thing i can think of is maybe something to do with the return spring?
anyway any help or ideas would be appreciated.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:15 PM

Usually I would say it is the return spring but this issue would be prominent on all fire modes. There might be an issue with one of the sears in the hammer group. That's just and educated guess, though.

#3 Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

Ok what part numbers would those be (I'm not horribly familiar with what part is called what)

#4 Mechcondrid

Mechcondrid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:12 PM

ok nevermind figured out which part those are, i'll see if theres anything obviously amiss

#5 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Cool. Keep us posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users