• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ranix

ranix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hi, I'm having a problem with the 'low power' CQB bolt for the KMP9. The normal bolt works perfectly fine with no issues as far as I can tell. I ran several mags through the stock bolt before and after trying to use the CQB bolt and it definitely works fine.

However, I have two different CQB bolts, and after the very first shot with either of them they look like this:

Attached File  kmp9seal.png   252.73K   11 downloads

What should I do? I tried re-seating the seal and ensuring everything was totally completely lubed with silicon lubricant, which is a GIANT pain because of the 3 tiny 1.6mm pins you need to remove to get at the nozzle, and it still gets blown away after one shot.

I'm using green gas in the stock mag. Any help is appreciated, I don't know WTF to do at this point except not use the CQB bolts. A little pissed off too because each bolt is $45 and they both failed instantly

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

View Postranix, on 26 July 2014 - 08:00 PM, said:

Hi, I'm having a problem with the 'low power' CQB bolt for the KMP9. The normal bolt works perfectly fine with no issues as far as I can tell. I ran several mags through the stock bolt before and after trying to use the CQB bolt and it definitely works fine.

However, I have two different CQB bolts, and after the very first shot with either of them they look like this:

Attachment kmp9seal.png

What should I do? I tried re-seating the seal and ensuring everything was totally completely lubed with silicon lubricant, which is a GIANT pain because of the 3 tiny 1.6mm pins you need to remove to get at the nozzle, and it still gets blown away after one shot.

I'm using green gas in the stock mag. Any help is appreciated, I don't know WTF to do at this point except not use the CQB bolts. A little pissed off too because each bolt is $45 and they both failed instantly
Hi Ranix - Welcome to the KWA Forums and sorry for your issues.  At the very least you need a new seal.  The bolts should be covered under warranty if you purchased them from an authorized dealer and assuming it is within 45 days of purchase.  My suggestion is you seek warranty repair through the Help Desk.

I hope this helps.

#3 ranix

ranix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

I can't, lol. All the customer service and help desk pages are 404

#4 ranix

ranix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:32 PM

Found http://www.kwausa.com/support/ from the store page, I'll see if I can talk to KWA about it and if they can help I'll post how to fix it.

Thanks gcw360

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,738 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

View Postranix, on 26 July 2014 - 08:32 PM, said:

Found http://www.kwausa.com/support/ from the store page, I'll see if I can talk to KWA about it and if they can help I'll post how to fix it.

Thanks gcw360
My pleasure. I would call directly and ask for xKingSizex (AKA Jim Rupe).

Telephone Numbers
1.626.581.1777 (Voice)
1.626.581.0777 (Fax)
Address
KWA PERFORMANCE INDUSTRIES, INC.
18571 E. Gale Ave.
City of Industry, CA 91748-1339
USA
Operating Hours
Monday to Friday
8:30AM-5:30PM PST

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cqb, low power, bolt, seal