#1 SVT Cobra

SVT Cobra

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hi all,

I am having an issue with my M11A1. The gun fires fine in semi-auto but has issues when firing in full auto. It will sometimes give me a three round burst before stopping. Sometimes it only fires a single round before stopping. In all cases, the gun stops with the bolt in the forward postion. I have detialed stripped the gun down to every last part and nothing is broken or obviously wrong. However, I believe I have narrowed the problem down to the gas release assembly. The impact block (part #16) seems to just flop around loosly. Other people who are having problems have mentioned that their impact blocks are also just flopping around loosely as well. It seems that spring #75 is supposed to keep the impact block in the horizontal position by applying pressure to the little bar sticking out of it. The short end of spring #75 makes contact with this bar. However, the long end of spring #75 does not seem to make contact with anything. I would normally expect it to get jammed into position by some other part so that the spring can actually work, but since it does not contact any other part, that spring #75 is free to rotate loosely.

I have tried to orient the part in every which way but I cannot find a way for it to stay in place and pin down the impact block (#16). As of now, that spring #75 is serving as nothing more than a spacer. Furthermore, I am guessing mine is broken.

Can anyone confirm that spring #75 actually has a purpose other than being a spacer? Is it supposed to pin down the impact block like I am hypothesizing?

Thanks!

Edited by SVT Cobra, 20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

Hello SVT Cobra. Your assessment of spring 75 is correct. It is supposed to keep pressure on the impact block by pushing on the peg. The other leg of the spring is supposed to sit against the horizontal bar just above the impact block.

#3 SVT Cobra

SVT Cobra

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:35 PM

Thank you SR105!

I guess I will be ordering a new spring soon then :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users