• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wilgix

wilgix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

good morning sirs,just want to ask how do you properly install an aftermarket steel lengthened piston?i got mine as it is with no instructions.newbie here.also do i need to rethread the front portion to place the stock front end of the stock piston?and third,if not,what o ring should i use on this?

thanks for the help sirs.

Attached Files

#2 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:51 PM

Does the part where the seal goes come off? If it does then you shouldn't have to do anything but find a seal for it. I'd see if the stock seal will work. I have the stock "piston" in my hand and it looks like it'll fit.

#3 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

If the part that holds the seal in place comes off of the new piston, I'd see if the screw on the old piston will work.

Sorry I don't know much about those pistons, I'm trying to do research now.

#4 wilgix

wilgix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

good morning sir chaosmp7:

i tried taking down my mp7,and compared the lengthen piston with the stock one.the stock has a screw and piston head piece.the lengthen piston does not have a piston head and threaded hole for the screw.does this new piston need machining?

#5 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

Take the seal off of the stock piston head and pop it onto the new piston. Other than that there shouldn't be anything you have to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users