• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:10 AM

last time i'll be starting a topic, but i'm at the end of my rope trying to figure out whats going on with my mp7.  I was in my local pro shop and got a maple leaf bucking, but it doesn't create a good enough seal for the gun to fire right so I tried to unswell the stock bucking. used dawn first, alchole next no change, used toothpaste next, no change. just got done test firing and it still acts like the hop up and plunger aren't doing it's job. it still shoots to the right and there doesn't seem to be much dialing in as far as the hop up. I did notice when i took it apart at the pro shop that the hole for the plunger in the inner frame wasn't drilled right and allowed the plunger to get stuck, I filed it down till it would compress and decompress without getting stuck. The last thing i'm going to try before i just give up and sell "as is", is get another stock bucking. i've went through this gun 10 to 15 times and can't find whats going on.

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:50 AM

From your last topic, I think you should get a new fluke pin to see if that helps with the fps fluctuation since you said it was shooting from 250 all the way to 420 I think? And then as for the bucking you said it looked like it was missing a piece. Was it still shooting to the right with the Maple Leaf in place? And make sure the nub in the hop up chamber is seated correctly because if it isn't, it could be causing uneven pressure which could account for the spin to the right. The nub could be seated off center and applying too much pressure to the right side rather than right in the center of the BB like it should be. Plus if this was the case, fixing the nub could also fix your hop up problem since you said it wasn't really doing anything. So try those and lemme know what happens.

#3 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:11 AM

I had the stock bolt so I just took the pin out of it and used it on the cqb bolt. The maple leaf bucking I got was a little shorter than the stock bucking so it wouldn't create the seal needed to shoot the bb out right. Gas would go around the bucking and in turn very little made it to the bb. As for the bucking not seated right, it could be a problem but I've taken it apart 10 to 15 times with no luck at any point, surly out of those 15 times it would have seated right at least once.  I also tried to do the tape thing for the barrel lock but I guess I'm doing it wrong, it always peels off when I try to stick the barrel assembly in the inner frame.  Also I looked at a new stock bucking and it seems to be just like the one I have so I think I was mistaken on the bucking being torn. The only real ideas I have left are a new bucking and replace the nozzle cylinder with the regular bolt nozzle cylinder. Maybe the nozzle cylinder got cracked or something when the pin got bent. Other than that I'm out of ideas...

#4 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Try the EVO II hop up set. See if that makes a difference over the stock hop up.

#5 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

I'm deffentily going to have to order something. I just took the gun apart to replace the nozzle cylinder and the good pin that I had in it was bent. I'm not real sure why there's that much force able to bend the pin but I got it back straight. I also noticed the spring for the cqb bolt that the flute sits in is smaller than the stock bolt, so I swapped springs to see, as well as cylinders. But as of now no change. It still flys right at about 100feet. Maybe I'm just being a picky jerk.

#6 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:03 PM

No, BBs shouldn't be flying left or right lol you're not being picky in that aspect. But its not the bucking that could be seated incorrectly. Its the nub in the hop up assembly,  the thing that applies the pressure. When you take your barrel out of the hop up assembly, check to see if the little nub in the assembly is flat. If it's tilting to one side or the other than you need to re seat it.

#7 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:27 PM

If nub you mean the little nub that sits on top of the bucking in most guns then I don't have one. This hop up system has a plunger and a small little round indent on the bucking, almost like a ball bearing would go there. But from what kwa tells me is that the mp7 never had a ball bearing only the plunger.

#8 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Alright then do what Pyro suggested and go with the EVO II hop up and see what happens

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,717 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Can you send it to KWA for repair?  It will be done right and the cost is very reasonable.

#10 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

The fps gain and fall was due to the bucking. It started swelling and caused compression. Haven't checked to see if it still slices right with the new bucking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users