5 replies to this topic

#1 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hey everyone.

I recently picked up my mp7, I thought I'd take it apart (when I say take apart I mean I took it down to where I had the hop up and bucking and barrel out) and clean it after I played with it a few times. But after cleaning, the bbs tend to fly right and the fps has jumped up to almost 400 with the cqb bolt. It did shoot around 350 before cleaning. Also something else that seemed odd to me, something's the fps will drop to almost 250. It is possible I messed the bucking up or it's starting to swell? I'm kinda at a loss.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

Usually when your bucking is beginning to swell your FPS will go down so I don't think your bucking is swelling. The inaccuracy could be due to the inner barrel lock (part 52). There may be space between the barre lock and the inner barrel that is letting the inner barrel and hop up to cant off center. You can fix this with a thin patch of scotch tape. As for the 400 FPS, I'm not sure. It seems like the valve inside the cylinder is not behaving properly, which would also account for the occasional 250 FPS.

#3 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

I took the bolt apart after reading what you wrote, the pin holding the flute is bent. I have the stock bolt with a good pin, but is that something that would cause the fps weirdness?

#4 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:02 PM

The pin holding the flute inside the bolt is bent, could this cause the flute to act weird?

#5 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

It might. Also, check the flute valve itself for any damaged. It should be very smooth on every surface of the valve. If it is somehow being damaged check to see what else is going on inside the cylinder.

#6 ChaosMP7

ChaosMP7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:33 PM

It looked smooth to me when i had it out lastnight, i did notice something that looked odd to me and could be the problem. but as i'm just guessing i'll post a picture.Attached File  image.jpeg   94.75K   9 downloads
it seems to me the bucking is missing part of a lip inside makeing it not round. Thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users