• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

Jesse, just out of my preferred style, I'd like to have the MockSuppressor moved up a little farther so that it's not touching the rails kind of like this (just some random dmr I found on google haha)Posted Image

Desert Punk, on 09 July 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Niko has a good videos about cleaning your inner barrel. http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=8178

Very helpful video; I'm glad you've showed me it! Thanks a lot for that... :)

#22 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

I still need to know how long you want your mock [barrel extension] to be lol I've seen some that are 12 inches long, others that are 4. It just depends on how long you want yours, and I'll give you a couple starting points.

#23 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

http://www.evike.com/products/43871/

#24 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

StealthTask, possibly 5-6 inches...

Desert Punk, I'm confused on how that works? It just clamps on the flash hider?

#25 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:42 AM

Ahhh, Barbie for Boys!  :)  We all go thru this faze and most of us are still at least partially guilty.  Heck the Brownells catalog still has 100 pages of fluff for the M1911 pistol and AR15.  I'm more impressed with how the gun (and shooter) shoots, not how the gun looks!  I'd rather hear comments like "That dude's gun is killer accurate." than "Kool looking gun."

Little of this stuff has any functional purpose, especially on an airsoft gun.  And not much on a 5.56m version if used for general purposes.  A bipod?  Lots of weight.  Faux supressor?  More weight and length.  High power telescope?  Great at over 300 meters (about 6x the maximum effective range of airsoft guns).

The SR10 like any other airsoft gun will probably have acceptable short range accuracy out of the box and my money would skip the fluff and tighten up the groups and push the range as much as possible.  Telescopic sights with a wild shot group still can't hit anything.    The hopup and bucking may need adjustments as well.  BB mass needs to be experimented with to find the most accurate at long range.  Indoor play demands a low velocity gun and that limits the range outdoors.

The gun should come with a cleaning rod.  Nothing more exotic is needed.  Remove the aft takedown pin, tip the upper, pull the inner barrel out of the gun.  Goes back just as easily.

Your money.  Few of us have unlimited disposable income.  Everyone's priorities on spending it are different.  I draw the spending line for airsoft well below the line for an AR15.

-- Chuck

#26 JesseHammil

JesseHammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Chuck S, on 11 July 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

Ahhh, Barbie for Boys!  :)  We all go thru this faze and most of us are still at least partially guilty.  Heck the Brownells catalog still has 100 pages of fluff for the M1911 pistol and AR15.  I'm more impressed with how the gun (and shooter) shoots, not how the gun looks!  I'd rather hear comments like "That dude's gun is killer accurate." than "Kool looking gun."

I my defense, I got a little longer TBB so I needed an extension. I removed the second part of the barrel so I custom made my extension to look good to me and cost 90% less :D  But I do love aesthetics. ;)

#27 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Designful, on 10 July 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

StealthTask, possibly 5-6 inches...

Desert Punk, I'm confused on how that works? It just clamps on the flash hider?

It mounts to the A2 flash hider that your gun come with.

#28 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Chuck S, on 11 July 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

The SR10 like any other airsoft gun will probably have acceptable short range accuracy out of the box and my money would skip the fluff and tighten up the groups and push the range as much as possible.  Telescopic sights with a wild shot group still can't hit anything. The hopup and bucking may need adjustments as well.  BB mass needs to be experimented with to find the most accurate at long range.  Indoor play demands a low velocity gun and that limits the range outdoors.
Yea I agree, however I'm not exactly sure how to do any of that stuff yet :P

#29 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

I received my battery today only to find out it doesn't fit in my stock D: This was the one I got http://www.evike.com/products/39193/

I can't seem to find another battery to replace it. Any suggestions? Thanks

#30 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football, Nascar, Guns, cars/trucks, and of women in yoga pants!!

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

this battery fits in the butt plate perfect.  http://www.hobbypart...hort-asoft.html

#31 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

hellcat, on 21 July 2014 - 02:20 PM, said:

this battery fits in the butt plate perfect.  http://www.hobbypart...hort-asoft.html
But it's 20C? I thought I wasn't supposed to exceed 15C?

#32 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:21 PM

http://www.evike.com/products/38226/

#33 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:39 PM

KWA recommends that you don't use past 1600 mAh and 15C. They can handle up to like 25C or something. So you're fine.

#34 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

Will this battery be okay? http://www.evike.com/products/40190

Meaning, will it fit? I'm not 100% sure it will and I'd like the confirmation before I order it :P

Edited by Designful, 21 July 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#35 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Do you want it to fit in the stock, or the buffer tube?

#36 hellcat

hellcat

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Football, Nascar, Guns, cars/trucks, and of women in yoga pants!!

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Designful, on 21 July 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

But it's 20C? I thought I wasn't supposed to exceed 15C?
Before I installed a Mosfet the only wear that this battery caused was to the trigger contacts. Both my guns now have Mosfets with AB and never have electrical issues. These batteries have treated me very well, I play almost every weekend for about 4-5 hours. Last time I purchased 2 of these was March of 2013 and there still going strong. http://www.hobbypart...hort-asoft.html

Edited by hellcat, 22 July 2014 - 02:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users