• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

I'm fairly new to Airsoft and I recently ordered a KWA SR-10 and I'd like to ask to have some assistance in recommending what to buy and other stuff...

First I'd like some help with how I should take care of my gun such as how to clean or any other precautions I should know about.

Secondly I'd like to ask for any kinds of notable interior upgrades that I can do whether it be installed by myself or I can have some professional assistance.

Lastly I'd like recommendations for my exterior attachments.
I plan to get a Trijicon Replica Acog Scope and a Magpul AFG, however I'm clueless when it comes to other things like a long range scope or bipod so some recommendations on those would be great.

Mostly I'm interested in a [barrel extension] but I'm very ignorant when it comes to what I should buy and how to install it.

I'm looking forward to seeing your help!

#2 JesseHammil

JesseHammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

For cleaning, you should remove the inner barrel. There is a guide in the sticky. Take out the screw towards the back of the receiver and the upper will pivot forward allowing you to pull the barrel out.

When you get it you should clean the barrel straight away. Use a cotton t shirt patch or similar. I like to wait till midway through the break in period and then remove the bucking and thoroughly clean the bucking with warm soapy water and qtips. The guns tend to shoot a lot of grease and oil into the hopup and barrel when you first get them.  

As far as upgrades go, I would just leave the internals alone, at least for the length of the warranty period.  After you play for a awhile and you have a direction you want to take your gun, then plan the upgrades. Never really a good to idea to upgrade just because you can.  And just because a part is aftermarket does not mean it's an upgrade to your kwa. It may be a downgrade. Once your gun is broken in, I'm pretty sure you will love the performance out of the box.

Why do you want a barrel extension? For looks or do you plan to get a longer innner barrel? That said I have a 455mm 6.03 tbb and have liked the performance. Got to be careful getting long barrels, you will need a different cylinder if you get a barrel longer than 509mm I think.

Externals get what you want ;)

#3 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Replica ACOGs look cool, but my only reserve with them are that most of them suck.... the eye relief is pretty terrible.  So, if you can, test before you buy.  Obviously if you get the ones that have no magnification, then what I said doesn't apply.

#4 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:14 PM

View PostJesseHammil, on 08 July 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

When you get it you should clean the barrel straight away. Use a cotton t shirt patch or similar. I like to wait till midway through the break in period and then remove the bucking and thoroughly clean the bucking with warm soapy water and qtips. The guns tend to shoot a lot of grease and oil into the hopup and barrel when you first get them.  

Any kind of YouTube how-to on how to do this? I'm a little bit confused (probably because I don't physically have the gun yet), but if that isn't the case I just want to make sure I know exactly what to do and not risk doing anything I shouldn't do. (just trying to be proactive here haha)

View PostJesseHammil, on 08 July 2014 - 11:05 AM, said:

Why do you want a barrel extension? For looks or do you plan to get a longer innner barrel?

I assume a longer barrel increases range/accuracy of the gun (correct me if I'm wrong) and yes, I love the looks of the gun with a [barrel extension].

View Postchoochoo, on 08 July 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Replica ACOGs look cool, but my only reserve with them are that most of them suck.... the eye relief is pretty terrible.  So, if you can, test before you buy.  Obviously if you get the ones that have no magnification, then what I said doesn't apply.

Yes I love the look of the ACOG :lol: However if what you're saying is true than I will have to consider otherwise (I plan to have a long range scope as well as flip-up iron sights), but I might buy one when I have some spare bucks.

Anyways I've really appreciated your replies and they will certainly have an effect on what I will buy as well as how well it's treated!

Also I need some recommendations on the battery I should buy. I'm thinking (after researching a little) that I should get a 11.1v 15c Li-Po battery, but I'm trying to find a good one with a lot of MAH (from what I understand the higher MAH the longer it lasts.)

Edited by Designful, 08 July 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#5 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

There is definitely a YouTube how to. You can find almost everything on YouTube lol. But if you plan to get a longer inner barrel, read Vanevery's thread "Let's Talk Long Range". It has everything you need to know, including the reasoning behind why longer isn't always more accurate for airsoft guns. I think what he found was 455 mm was the optimal range? I can't remember so don't hold me to that. But do make sure to check out his thread. It's under Community General chat. As for the sights, I would get a long range scope, and then 45 degree offset iron sights. That's what I plan to do to my gun. Flip up iron sights only will help you at all if you have clearance below your scope. Otherwise there is absolutely no point to getting them since you can't use them.

#6 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:35 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 08 July 2014 - 02:26 PM, said:

Otherwise there is absolutely no point to getting them since you can't use them.
Yea, but I get them free with the gun :P

Any recommendation on a fairly priced long range scope? (and possibly a bipod recommendation?)

Edited by Designful, 08 July 2014 - 02:35 PM.

#7 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

What's yor price range on a scope? I got one a long time ago with my L96 that I'm going to use on my Mod 2 as the L96 died on me a while back. It's a Leapers 4X32 and I love it. I can't find the scope that I have, but heres a link to all the scopes Evike has http://www.evike.com...=28_32_183
And if you're fine with a simple bi pod, here's a link to a cheap one. http://www.evike.com/products/37907/

Edited by StealthTaskForce, 08 July 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#8 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:05 PM

Under $100; just something that works well, looks good, and isn't costly haha. And yea that bipod looks pretty nice, I think I'll bookmark it for when I'm ready to purchase one :)

#9 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

Alright then in that case, you could go with anything from the $30 AIM Scope, to the $100 AIM scope. AIM has some good stuff, but I still wouldn't trust the cheaper models. My scope was around $60 and I've had it for like 4 or 5 years. So stick with that price range and you're good. Bout $50-$80, you have a good product without over paying. Matrix is also good, and this link is for a scope with Illuminated mil-dots so you can use it at night too. http://www.evike.com/products/37581/

#10 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

May I suggest a real gun scope? IMO they are the best. Also I prefer the kind of bipods that can move from side to side, I play in woodlands, if it's CQB or outdoor building stuff you'll be good and won't need this feature on your bipod.

Edited by BLATEY, 08 July 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#11 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostBLATEY, on 08 July 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

May I suggest a real gun scope? IMO they are the best. Also I prefer the kind of bipods that can move from side to side, I play in woodlands, if it's CQB or outdoor building stuff you'll be good and won't need this feature on your bipod.

O.o What exactly do you mean side to side? As in the bi pod allows the gun to swivel without the feet of the bi pod moving? And can you post a link to show me what you mean?

#12 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

I plan to be playing for both outdoors and cqb. For outdoors (since it's a lot more ranged) I want a long range scope and bipod (basically a DMR setup) and an AR setup for indoor CQB-MidRange. Do you guys think that will work? (2 different arenas as well so I won't be switching back and forth hourly).

#13 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:25 AM

Since I'm rather skilled with my long range scope, I can do perfectly fine with a magnifying scope in doors. Plus when you're inside, accuracy doesn't matter as much so you could always just watch where your BBs go and adjust like that. And if you realy wanted to, you could always just take off the scope when you go indoors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 BLATEY

BLATEY

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Keepin' it Real.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

Something like this, I know that your on a budget though.

#15 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Can someone tell me any things I might need to clean the barrel? I'm buying one of those rods to clean the inside and I'm curious if I need anything else. Thanks :)

#16 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:55 PM

Cotton swabs. You can get them from Walmart for cheap.

#17 Designful

Designful

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 09 July 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Cotton swabs. You can get them from Walmart for cheap.
I'll pick some up tomorrow! I'm still interested in a mock [barrel extension], do you think you can help me with that? I've been looking for videos that might help me, but I can't find any...

Barrel Extension = MockSuppressor

Edited by Designful, 09 July 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#18 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

That all depends on how long you want it, how much you want to spend, and which way your threads are. Some mock suppressors have threads going both directions, like mine, so it isn't a problem. The more expensive ones though that are like $50+, generally only have one set of threads. So lemme know what you want to do there, and I'll give you some options.

#19 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

Niko has a good videos about cleaning your inner barrel. http://www.kwausa.co...?showtopic=8178

#20 JesseHammil

JesseHammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostDesignful, on 09 July 2014 - 04:39 PM, said:

I'll pick some up tomorrow! I'm still interested in a mock [barrel extension], do you think you can help me with that? I've been looking for videos that might help me, but I can't find any...

Barrel Extension = MockSuppressor

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users