• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 silver5664

silver5664

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

I'll cut straight to the chase, I recently bought a second hand vector, no regrets. The gun operates as intended but the only problem is that when I fire, there is a chance (normally 80%) for the gun to double or triple feed, causing a jam. When I look in the chamber I see 1 or 2 BB's stuck inbetween he barrel and nozzle, and it makes me waste 4 BB's everytime I remedy the jam and get back into the fight. And then the cycle continues.

When I looked into it, it seems that one of the possible problems is that the magazine spring is too powerful, and when I fire in semi, it pushes out 2-3 bb's instead of 1.

It could also be the feeding lip, as when I looked at that, I loaded that magazine halfway and pushed the first BB out of the feeding lip, when I did that, 2 BB's sprung out behind it. So i'm thinking the feeding lip is too open..

Has anyone had this same problem? If so, how do you remedy it?

Cheers,

Edited by silver5664, 24 June 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

Hi Silver5664:  Welsome to the KWA Forums.  Can you post a pic of you feed lips?  If they are damaged they can be replaced.

#3 silver5664

silver5664

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:00 PM

The feeding lips broke (user error, unfortunately) when I was trying to fill the magazine halfway, and pressed the spring release button, the spring pushed up, somehow avoided my hand from blocking the BBs flying out, and created a mess, the follower snapped on the feeding lip and caused one side to break off. I already ordered a replacement, and it would get here tommorow or the next day, however I now suspect the spring for being a bit too powerful, as I don't think it should be strong enough to get past my hand and spring all the BBs out and break the feeding lip.

If that's the case I'm wondering how to reduce the springs power.

I'll update you if it's the feeding lips problem as well

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,646 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

View Postsilver5664, on 24 June 2014 - 04:00 PM, said:

The feeding lips broke (user error, unfortunately) when I was trying to fill the magazine halfway, and pressed the spring release button, the spring pushed up, somehow avoided my hand from blocking the BBs flying out, and created a mess, the follower snapped on the feeding lip and caused one side to break off. I already ordered a replacement, and it would get here tommorow or the next day, however I now suspect the spring for being a bit too powerful, as I don't think it should be strong enough to get past my hand and spring all the BBs out and break the feeding lip.

If that's the case I'm wondering how to reduce the springs power.

I'll update you if it's the feeding lips problem as well
Easiest way to reduce spring tension is to:
  • Compress the spring - This normally happens over time with full mags
  • Cut the spring shorter - I wouldn't do this unless you have a replacement spring
Hope this helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kriss, Vector, KWA, Magazine, Feeding, lip, Silver5664

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users