• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lt Salty

Lt Salty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

Last night I pulled it out of the box, cleaned the barrel, installed a known good battery, loaded a clip, selected semi auto, pulled the trigger and ... nothing. No trigger resistance, no sound or anything.  I then looked at the fuse (good), reconnected the battery and looked at the connections (good) and still nothing. Checked the connection again and pulled the trigger and then it fired. Tried it again and nothing. Tried it again and it fired. Some sort of intermittent firing issue. This gun is brand new. Anyone have any ideas? thanks
Phil

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

An easily over-looked area is the connectors. The metal connectors inside the tamiya plug can start falling out, check to make sure the connectors are seated inside the plug properly.

#3 Lt Salty

Lt Salty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

Very good, I checked the battery plugs but not the leads or metal connectors inside. There is another disconnect before the fuse that I checked but it seemed good. Thanks, I'll take a look at it tonight. Seems like a poor wiring connection and I hope it's simple.  Thank you

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:08 AM

If you bought this new gun from a local retailer I'd return it for an exchange unless you find something very simple.

Battery works in another gun?

-- Chuck

#5 Lt Salty

Lt Salty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

You were right. The metal connectors inside the tamiya plug are loose and move around. One easily popped out. I tried rotating the wire to get a better hold. After some fiddling I got them to more firmly plant inside the connector. Gun now fires without issue.  Thanks for the help. Is there a better solution than the stock tamiya plug? I would not be surprised if I see this issue again.
Phil

#6 choochoo

choochoo

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Switch to deans plugs.  much better connection.

#7 Lt Salty

Lt Salty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

Yeah I checked the battery in my other CQR and its good. The wires into tamiya plug are very loose. When you push the plug together the wire woulc back out. I held the connection and it fired. I let go and it would stop so I'm pretty sure that's the culprit. Now the question is what do I replace it with. Deans connectors look to be an alternative.

#8 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Deans connectors require some soldering skills (and burned fingers) but seem worth the effort just for their ruggedness.  Get the genuine Deans the faux versions are often poorly made.

You'll need a Deans male for your charger too, not just the M/F sets for the guns.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 24 June 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#9 Lt Salty

Lt Salty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

Deans installed, much better. Thanks Guys.
Phil

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CQR Mod2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users