• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jmkainz1

jmkainz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

Hi, I am a long time KWA owner (almost 4 years) and I am interested in making a new upper receiver for my KWA m4. This is the rail i would like to use this key mod rail , a kwa replacement upper receiver, and this outer barrel. The only reason i want to build a new upper is because i have seen online that to put the rail on the current upper i would have to take the delta ring off which seems like a hassle so here are my questions.
1) If i do make a new complete upper, are the parts that i have selected compatible with each other?
2) If i do make a new complete upper, do i need any other parts than the ones linked above to make it.
3) Is there any way to easily remove the delta ring other than to melt the delta ring off?

Thanks for your time

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

I can't really help on any of the compatibility on the different parts, but you don't melt the delta ring off. The reason that you need heat is because there is a varying amount of loctite on the delta ring to keep it in place. Some people only get a little bit, others get a lot. The only other way really to get it off is to use some kind of wrench (I've seen some use a pipe wrench) and twist it off with pure force, though by doing that, depending on the amount of loctite there is it could take 2 people. Good luck :thumbsup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: upper, receiver, compatible, outer, barrel, keymod, rail

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users