• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 metaknight95

metaknight95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

I've had this gun for around half a year now, and I've fielded it plenty of times, and upgraded the externals a ton. Now I've heard people say a new KWA takes some time to be broken in before the hop up works, but my guns hopup still will not work. I completely turn the dial all the way "up" in the direction of the arrow, and it shoots exactly the same as when i turn the dial all the way "down" following the other arrow. I've taken my gun apart numerous times and examined the hopup unit, and it seems fine. I could see the little nub come down into the inner barrel when i turn the dial back, and retract when i turn the dial the other way, but whenever I field the gun at my local CQB or outdoor fields, my BB's drop drastically as close as 50 feet, thus requiring me to have to aim way above my targets in order to hit them. I've cleaned the gun a bunch of times but to no avail. Whats the problem?

#2 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

Try a new bucking and/or nub. I know the 2GX (stock) bucking comes saturated in oil, so you need to soak it overnight. I would still recommend a new bucking. I personally recommend Maple Leaf 70 with RTX flat nub (installed one today in a friend's gun). I know several people on this site recommend Lonex 70, and G&G Green.

#3 JesseHammil

JesseHammil

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 07:06 AM

Wash it thoroughly in warm water with soap. Use a qtip and really clean it out. If still nothing, soak it for a time and clean again.  I'd still nothing but a new bucking :D if shooting heavier BBS I reccomemd g&g green.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hopup, M4, CQB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users