9 replies to this topic

#1 KeithHK

KeithHK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

Dear all,

When I fill my lm4's mags, it always gives out white fume as if the gas isn't going into the mags. I fill my mags vertically and this never happen in other mags except when they are full. I wonder if this phenomenon will cause any matter on the performance. Thx in advance.

Edited by KeithHK, 21 June 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

The fume is the propellant leaking slightly from the valve. This does not happen when you fill the magazine horizontally because it is not filling as complete liquid form in this position. Your fill valve might be missing an o-ring so you can try to replace that first to see if the gas leak is reduced.
http://store.kwausa....-ring4pack.aspx

#3 netpoc

netpoc

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

Horizontally? Try filling them vertically as suggested by the manual...

#4 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Another thing that happens with me, when I fill my mags, sometimes the nozzle isn't perfectly aligned which causes some gas to leak. It doesn't do anything to the performance, just takes a little bit longer to fill as some of the propellant is leaking out instead of going into the magazine.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

GBB magazines should be filled with the canister pointing straight down.  Surprisingly enough the Operators Manual describes this and even has a picture.  :)

Posted Image

The magazines are then properly filled with liquid.  The liquid forms into a gas when released from the magazine.  Recall that green gas is propane with additives.  Propane is also called LPG -- Liquid Propane Gas.

-- Chuck

#6 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

It's "soldier proof" as my Marine friends call it. Or "firefighter proof" as I call it.

#7 KeithHK

KeithHK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:44 AM

I actually mean I fill the mag vertically. Sorry for my mistake.
However, my o-ring is working finely and the white fume appears every time when u fill the mag. That's pretty strange. Is there any way to improve it? Thx a lot.

Edited by KeithHK, 21 June 2014 - 06:45 AM.

#8 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

If you have the Pmags you may find the gas cylinder nozzle isn't long enough for a good seal thru the thick baseplate.  Slide the base plate off part way (so you don't lose it) and fill that way.  Press firmly.  STANAG mag valve is much closer to the surface.

Defective or worn O-rings are easily replaced.  Different green gas/propane nozzles may help.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 21 June 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#9 KeithHK

KeithHK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

Yes, I really have this problem mor significantly with my pmags. The solution does work. Thx

從我的  用 iPhone 發送

#10 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

The STANAG magazine fill valve is flush with the floor plate and much easier to fill.  Easier to jam with dirt if you drop it, so it's a compromise!

Posted Image

The Pmag fill valve is deeply recessed in the floor plate -- and made deeper with the thick floor plate.  PITA to fill with many gas cylinders but excellently protected from dirt.

Posted Image

-- Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users