• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thegreatphoking

thegreatphoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hello kwausa, i just installed the mapleleaf 75 degres hopup in my kriss vector and it seems to be too strong, what should i do? I have it on the lowest hop up setting and it helped a little but it is still flying high! Also i have been using .25, maybe i should use heavier?
                                                                                            Thanks, PhoBoy

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

What FPS is your Vector running? Because what I've been seeing a lot of people here do, is if their gun shoots closer to 400 and can reach out and touch someone, that they generally use .28s or .30s. So you could try those two weights and see what happens. I would start with the .30 because if the BBs are dropping, then you can turn up the hopup. But if you use .28 and the BBs are still flying up, you can't dial it down more. So try the .30

#3 thegreatphoking

thegreatphoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Awesome thanks a lot its been pretty hot at ~410-405 fps, with .2s so ill look at heavier bbs thanks! :drool:
Everyone helps out so much here!

Edited by thegreatphoking, 11 June 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#4 Larry

Larry

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Did you use the Maple Leaf flat nub also?  Same with my SR10 (ML bucking and nub). The hop arm is very shallow where the nub fits. Travel is much shorter overal with the KWA hop up assy vs my other M4 one piece set ups. When installing the Maple Leaf nub (or prommy tensioner nub) in KWA unit it will protruide into the barrel and bucking area. Appling hop as you install the barrel and bucking assy, even though it is turned all the way off. Going to modify my arm next couple of days to better fit that style nub.  Will post before and after pics.
   These are very good buckings and worth the work getting them installed correctly. Brought my sons Top Tech alive with range and accuracy over lots of different buckings, rhops and flat hops. Need to get one in my SR to real him back in. As my SR sits now, with hopoff off it shoots .28s with a slight over hop. Stealths post about the .30s may be perfect for you and great advise.

Edited by Larry, 13 June 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#5 BoobieM4H

BoobieM4H

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Interests:IF IT USES GREEN GAS..I MAKE IT SHOOT BETTER!

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostLarry, on 13 June 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Did you use the Maple Leaf flat nub also?  Same with my SR10 (ML bucking and nub). The hop arm is very shallow where the nub fits. Travel is much shorter overal with the KWA hop up assy vs my other M4 one piece set ups. When installing the Maple Leaf nub (or prommy tensioner nub) in KWA unit it will protruide into the barrel and bucking area. Appling hop as you install the barrel and bucking assy, even though it is turned all the way off. Going to modify my arm next couple of days to better fit that style nub.  Will post before and after pics.
   These are very good buckings and worth the work getting them installed correctly. Brought my sons Top Tech alive with range and accuracy over lots of different buckings, rhops and flat hops. Need to get one in my SR to real him back in. As my SR sits now, with hopoff off it shoots .28s with a slight over hop. Stealths post about the .30s may be perfect for you and great advise.

If youre talking about aeg, I believe you posted on the wrong thread.  OP asked about kriss vector hop. Totally different systems as far as hop up goes. Maple leaf kit doesnt come with a "nub".

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

#6 thegreatphoking

thegreatphoking

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Oh wow boobie replied! Awesome!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kriss Vector, Hop-up, Hop up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users