5 replies to this topic

#1 DarkCobra262

DarkCobra262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of parts that will work with the AKG 74M?  Mainly rails, flash hides, and stocks.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:42 AM

You and I seem to have the only KWA AK74s in captivity.  :)

NC Star and Matrix offer sight/rail mounts that use the AK47 mount on the left side of the receiver.  No experience with either mount but if you have a local airsoft store it'd be easy to bring your gun in and test mount some of these.  In 5.45mm the Soviet 1P29 sight works well on the AK74 side mount.  No rails, just clips on.  There may be an airsoft version.

-- Chuck

Edited by Chuck S, 10 June 2014 - 02:43 AM.

#3 DarkCobra262

DarkCobra262

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostChuck S, on 10 June 2014 - 02:42 AM, said:

You and I seem to have the only KWA AK74s in captivity.  :)

NC Star and Matrix offer sight/rail mounts that use the AK47 mount on the left side of the receiver.  No experience with either mount but if you have a local airsoft store it'd be easy to bring your gun in and test mount some of these.  In 5.45mm the Soviet 1P29 sight works well on the AK74 side mount.  No rails, just clips on.  There may be an airsoft version.

-- Chuck

well I don't own one but I know someone who is going to, they were looking to customize it and i was going to help them look for parts, but it seems there isn't much specific on compatibility for it.. i'll have to look at NCStar and Matrix then.. thanks :)

#4 xKingSizex

xKingSizex

Customer Service Manager

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:Umm, airsoft...

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

The platform is still fairly new for us, but there are hundreds out there already...so you aren't the only one Chuck...lol

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

I'm happy with mine.

Here's the list of compatible parts I can find:

:)

OK, a real AK sling works fine!

The gun very nicely mimics the AK74 other than there's no extractor so, like all GBB airfsoft, you can double charge it.  Bolt and charging handle only move half way.  Same horrible AK sights as the Eastern Bloc rifles.  Manual of arms, though matches the original (other than clearing).  Since the AK74/AKM/AM47 series lacks the bolt lock the magazine has a cutoff that can be set to prevent the gun from blank-firing whem empty.

-- Chuck

#6 Pharaoh 6

Pharaoh 6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

Proud new owner of a AKG-74M.  Looking for a front rail system that will work if anyone has a recommendation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users