• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Trent_Hori

Trent_Hori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

I recently purchased a kwa cqr mod 1 and am looking to turn into a field gun.  I'm not the best at teching a gearbox and would like to do as little modifications as possible.  I plan on upgrading the stock barrel to a 455mm version 2 madbull 6.03 precision inner barrel, and replacing the stock cylinder with a  lonex cylinder for m4. To cover the difference of the inner barrel I plan on purchasing a mock suppressor.  If possible are there any other ways to increase fps and accuracy with minimal mods?  Thank you so much for your help.

#2 uriahskates

uriahskates

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Airsofting, Adventuring.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

What is your FPS right now? Also, if you want accuracy and range, get a G&G Green Bucking and that will do the trick.

#3 niko_gpsy

niko_gpsy

What's a Warranty?

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,875 posts
  • Interests:Keeping those damn squirrels from putting their filthy little paws on my peaches in my backyard. Oh, Yes. It's not just a hobby, its a passion!!

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:10 PM

The CQR has a type 2 cylinder with an M120 spring.  If you are looking to increase FPS to use as a field gun I recommend changing out the cylinder to a KWA type 0.5 or a type 1 when using a longer than stock barrel.

#4 Trent_Hori

Trent_Hori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

As of right now, my fps with .20s is roughly 330.

#5 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

If you have the older CQR, using the cylinders that Niko recommends will bring your FPS to the 380-390 range (sometimes higher). You need to first determine that you indeed have the type 2 cylinder installed.  Earlier this year the CQRs started being manufactured with type one cylinders and a KWA m100 spring.  If this is your case then you would need a spring upgrade to get you to the 380-400 range.  If you are not sure which cylinder you have, post a picture of the cylinder showing the port.  We can then provide better direction.

#6 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

Can I do the same as him and post a picture? Lol I don't know which cylinder I have, and there's no indoor arena close to me so I can hit the 400 without having to worry.

#7 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 07 June 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

Can I do the same as him and post a picture? Lol I don't know which cylinder I have, and there's no indoor arena close to me so I can hit the 400 without having to worry.
Please do post a pic.  It's the best way to advise on this subject.

#8 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

Posted Image

This is the cylinder I have in my Mod 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 07 June 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Posted Image

This is the cylinder I have in my Mod 2

That would be the KWA type 2 which means you have the m120.  So no spring upgrade needed.  Slap in a type1 or 0.5 cylinder and you are good to go for higher FPS.  If you are going to go for a longer barrel than stock, I would use the type 0.5.  It will handle up to 509mm and is optimized for 425mm.

#10 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:24 PM

I'm trying to make a field gun out of the Mod 2, so what barrel would be best to go with? I have a suppressor on the end, so were safe. Should I get the 425, or go all the way to the 509?

#11 Trent_Hori

Trent_Hori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

I'm also intending to increase my barrel length to 509, and I have just changed my cylinder to a 3/4.  I plan on also buying a stronger spring.  I'm trying to make it into a DMR. For the time being, would my set up be fine?

Edited by Trent_Hori, 07 June 2014 - 05:12 PM.

#12 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

View PostTrent_Hori, on 07 June 2014 - 04:58 PM, said:

I'm also intending to increase my barrel length to 509, and I have just changed my cylinder to a 3/4.  I plan on also buying a stronger spring.  I'm trying to make it into a DMR. For the time being, would my set up be fine?
With a 509mm barrel I would use either a type 0.5 or type 0 cylinder for best results. And with a heavier spring you will want to address the hop-up by either reinforcing the nub or putting in a firmer bucking. That is if you are going to push the gun to 450 FPS or higher with .2 mg BBs.  Lastly, heavier ammo is a must, but I'm guessing you know that already.

#13 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 07 June 2014 - 01:24 PM, said:

I'm trying to make a field gun out of the Mod 2, so what barrel would be best to go with? I have a suppressor on the end, so were safe. Should I get the 425, or go all the way to the 509?

That's a matter of personal choice.  I personally think the SR 10 length barrel is a perfect field length (425mm) and a KWA type 0.5 cylinder is optimized for that length.

#14 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

I'm gonna guess the .5 cylinder is sold in the pro shop?

#15 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 07 June 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

I'm gonna guess the .5 cylinder is sold in the pro shop?

Yes.  But there are after market cylinders that will do the job just fine if you want to use them.

#16 Trent_Hori

Trent_Hori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

I just opened up my gearbox, and my cylinder is the type 2, if I replace it with a 0.5 will I be able to reach 380-400 fps?

#17 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostTrent_Hori, on 09 June 2014 - 04:11 PM, said:

I just opened up my gearbox, and my cylinder is the type 2, if I replace it with a 0.5 will I be able to reach 380-400 fps?
With the hop-up off, the piston o-ring stretched, and presumably an undamaged spring, you should be in that range.

#18 Trent_Hori

Trent_Hori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

Now that I have opened up my aeg I want to also change my hopup unit.  What would be a good recommendation?

#19 uriahskates

uriahskates

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Airsofting, Adventuring.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

View PostTrent_Hori, on 09 June 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Now that I have opened up my aeg I want to also change my hopup unit.  What would be a good recommendation?

IMO, don't change it out. Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't KWA's picky with hop-up units in the first place? If range and accuracy is one of your goals, just get a new bucking (I use the G&G Green) and decent bb's (.25 KWA Perfects are what I use).

Edited by uriahskates, 11 June 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#20 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,510 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

View Posturiahskates, on 09 June 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

IMO, don't change it out. Someone correct me if I am wrong aren't KWA's picky with hop-up units in the first place? If range and accuracy is one of your goals, just get a new bucking (I use the G&G Green) and decent bb's (.25 KWA Perfects are what I use).
Ditto that.  I would even consider heavier than .25s.  I use .30 most of the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users