• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vVexo

vVexo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

My 1911 Mark 2 PTP will not fire. The impact hammer (firing pin) is in and appears I move forward and strike the valve knocker. The valve knocker however will not hit the gas valve on the magazine with enough force or not at all for the magazine to release gas. Is this a fixable issue? I bought it from someone upstate a few weeks ago and i just recently tried a test fire. Is it the impact hammer, valve knocker, or the magazine? Please help thanks!

#2 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Do you have more then one mag? If so does it do the same thing you the other mag?  And pic are always a good idea the help use see if anything is out of place or broken.

#3 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:46 PM

If the impact pin is still where it is supposed to be and you see the impact block (the part that actually strikes the magazine valve) resetting properly when the slide is pulled back, then maybe the impact block is damaged. There is usually a little peg that is on the impact block where the impact block spring usually sits. Easiest way to tell if this is the part that is not working is to try to lift the impact block. If it moves freely, then the impact block needs replacing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users