5 replies to this topic

#1 MangoBerri

MangoBerri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hello,
I received my KWA M9 PTP through a friend of mine as a hand me down and I should note that it's seen a lot of action with the use of propane over the past year. I do keep it well maintained and lubricated as often as I can and haven't had much problems. Now, I am starting to notice some issues with it. Just a week ago, I was shooting perfectly with it and the only issue was that I lost my fill valve o-rings for my mags, forcing me to stop playing until I got new o-rings. When I finally got my o-rings, I lubricated and placed them where they belonged, along with lubricating all of my mags since it has been a while. Now that I'm using green gas to test out my mags, I notice that my M9 PTP feels well under powered an and begin to think that the o-rings might have been a problem and not allow enough gas to go inside the mag. I try to use propane as well and realize that I was running into the same issue, but seemed that would run out of gas before the approximate 24 bb count and would strangely freeze up my gun. This has never happened before with propane. I also would like to mention that there's not enough power anymore to push the top slide back and lock it. Going back to green gas, I tried the magazine with my M93R and it worked properly as it should have, locked back, and I felt the hard kick that it should have, unlike my M9 PTP. I'm starting to realize that this may now be an issue of the gun itself, rather than the mag and would like some advice on possible problems and what I would need to do to resolve those issues. My last option would be to send it in to KWA for repairs as I want to do my best taking on the challenge myself.

Edited by MangoBerri, 30 May 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#2 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostMangoBerri, on 30 May 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

Hello,
I received my KWA M9 PTP through a friend of mine as a hand me down and I should note that it's seen a lot of action with the use of propane over the past year. I do keep it well maintained and lubricated as often as I can and haven't had much problems. Now, I am starting to notice some issues with it. Just a week ago, I was shooting perfectly with it and the only issue was that I lost my fill valve o-rings for my mags, forcing me to stop playing until I got new o-rings. When I finally got my o-rings, I lubricated and placed them where they belonged, along with lubricating all of my mags since it has been a while. Now that I'm using green gas to test out my mags, I notice that my M9 PTP feels well under powered an and begin to think that the o-rings might have been a problem and not allow enough gas to go inside the mag. I try to use propane as well and realize that I was running into the same issue, but seemed that would run out of gas before the approximate 24 bb count and would strangely freeze up my gun. This has never happened before with propane. I also would like to mention that there's not enough power anymore to push the top slide back and lock it. Going back to green gas, I tried the magazine with my M93R and it worked properly as it should have, locked back, and I felt the hard kick that it should have, unlike my M9 PTP. I'm starting to realize that this may now be an issue of the gun itself, rather than the mag and would like some advice on possible problems and what I would need to do to resolve those issues. My last option would be to send it in to KWA for repairs as I want to do my best taking on the challenge myself.
Hi MB - Welcome to the KWA Forums.  There could be various issues that are causing this.  Since the mag is working properly in the M93R we can assume that it is not a near empty can of gas or a faulty release valve.

From there you need to consider things like:
  • Cracked cylinder

• Cracked main seal

• Improperly maintained slide and blow back assembly - If this is dirty and or dry the efficiency of the gun can go down

• Weak impact block spring (or is it the sear spring?)

• Worn Impact block, etc...
Without seeing the gun it's hard to say much more.  Perhaps you can review and check the first 3 things listed and report back?

#3 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:25 PM

This is where you should look for a crack in the air nozzle.  This is air nozzle form a MK2 but the M9 has the same weak point.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,596 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostDesert Punk, on 30 May 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

This is where you should look for a crack in the air nozzle.  This is air nozzle form a MK2 but the M9 has the same weak point.

Posted Image

Posted Image
AKA the cylinder I referred to.

#5 MangoBerri

MangoBerri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the info you guys, I'm going to investigate those issues later this week and report back about it.

#6 MangoBerri

MangoBerri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

View PostDesert Punk, on 30 May 2014 - 08:25 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image
So after taking out the nozzle/cylinder, I do have the same exact crack. Again, Thanks for the help! I'll report back again after I get the replacement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users