• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:59 AM

Hello, I recently purchased a KWA hk45. I got a propane adapter and a can of propane. I love the gun but 2 small issues with it. There never is enough gas to fully empty a magazine. Every time I run out of gas there is roughly 5-7 bbs left. Secondly about every 3-5 shots there is a really strange flier that flys to the left or right quite dramatically.

#2 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:47 AM

Knee jerk response that seem to solve this quite often:  "how long you filling the magazine?"  (Try at least 30 seconds.)  And "are you holding the gas cylinder vertical with the nozzle down? and the magazine fill valve up?"

-- Chuck

#3 cellistle

cellistle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

That solved it. Thank you, I was worried about it damaging the magazine or something if I were to fill it longer. Most reviews and such said to fill for about 8-10 seconds.

#4 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

Glad it works!  You cannot overfill a gas magazine.  You're putting liquid into it anyway and there's only so much space inside the mag.  Worst you're doing is wasting some time but that's just a matter of a few seconds.

-- Chuck

#5 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostChuck S, on 26 May 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

Glad it works!  You cannot overfill a gas magazine.  You're putting liquid into it anyway and there's only so much space inside the mag.  Worst you're doing is wasting some time but that's just a matter of a few seconds.

-- Chuck

You can't overfill a gas magazine???? Really???? :shocked:

#6 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:31 PM

View PostStealthTaskForce, on 26 May 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

You can't overfill a gas magazine???? Really???? :shocked:

When you fill a gas magazine, or any gas container for that matter, you're either filling from a canister or a compressor (with a built in canister). When you fill a container with another container, you're just evening the pressure. Since gas containers typically use either a liquid or a different gas to provide pressure, the container has a fixed pressure. It's impossible for the receiving container to have more pressure than the "giving" container.

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:36 AM

You can overfill with BBs, but not gas.

-- Chuck

#8 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostPyro_Buster, on 26 May 2014 - 08:31 PM, said:

When you fill a gas magazine, or any gas container for that matter, you're either filling from a canister or a compressor (with a built in canister). When you fill a container with another container, you're just evening the pressure. Since gas containers typically use either a liquid or a different gas to provide pressure, the container has a fixed pressure. It's impossible for the receiving container to have more pressure than the "giving" container.

Ohhhhhhhh okay. So then if that were the case, as long as the nozzles are fixed to each other correctly, you wont be wasting any gas either? In theory you could sit there and fill a gas magazine for like 5 minutes without it ever blowing up?

#9 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:05 PM

Correct. Think of pressure like energy. You're not creating any more by transferring it to another container, you're just transferring it. It's still the same amount of pressure, just in different places. And the other material inside the "giving" container expands relative to the amount of material released. Until there is no more material. That's why you have to fill green gas upside-down, and why you have to use spray paint right side up. Same with fire extinguisher's and compressed air dusters. If you really want to experiment with this concept, look at those dusters. Spray it right side up, air comes out. Spray upside-down and a cold liquid comes out (can't remember exactly what it is, I'm pretty sure it's low levels of nitrogen. Nitrogen is a liquid when cold or compressed, so as the air leaves, the nitrogen becomes less compressed and turns back into gas).

#10 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostPyro_Buster, on 28 May 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Correct. Think of pressure like energy. You're not creating any more by transferring it to another container, you're just transferring it. It's still the same amount of pressure, just in different places. And the other material inside the "giving" container expands relative to the amount of material released. Until there is no more material. That's why you have to fill green gas upside-down, and why you have to use spray paint right side up. Same with fire extinguisher's and compressed air dusters. If you really want to experiment with this concept, look at those dusters. Spray it right side up, air comes out. Spray upside-down and a cold liquid comes out (can't remember exactly what it is, I'm pretty sure it's low levels of nitrogen. Nitrogen is a liquid when cold or compressed, so as the air leaves, the nitrogen becomes less compressed and turns back into gas).

That saves me SOOOO much trouble. I was always worried that I would overfill and the magazine would blow up in my hand. Now atleast I have the peace of mind that that WON'T happen lol thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users