• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mdjwm

mdjwm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

My KWA G36c will stop firing, usually in the middle of a hot firefight. This happens on 7.4 lipo batteries that are fully charged or near full. Sometimes, the gun will fire again if I joggle the battery and sometimes if I put in a new battery. It usually will start again, eventually, but is not reliable for play. The gun is in good shape, having had many of its parts replaced by KWA last fall. But that electrical problem doesn't go away.

#2 StealthTaskForce

StealthTaskForce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, Sports, My girlfriend, Knives and Real Steel

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:38 AM

I'm gonna say check the wiring or connectors. Are they regular Tamiya's or Deans? Headphones do the same thing. Towards the connector, the wiring gets loose and the connection gets spotty so the same thing could be happening there. If you're sure both the gun and battery Are fine, it's most likely the wires. Somewhere on here there was a topic started about wires. You should probably upgrade to thicker ones, and I think they're gold plated or something? Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by StealthTaskForce, 23 May 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#3 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,719 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

View Postmdjwm, on 23 May 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

My KWA G36c will stop firing, usually in the middle of a hot firefight. This happens on 7.4 lipo batteries that are fully charged or near full. Sometimes, the gun will fire again if I joggle the battery and sometimes if I put in a new battery. It usually will start again, eventually, but is not reliable for play. The gun is in good shape, having had many of its parts replaced by KWA last fall. But that electrical problem doesn't go away.
The two places I would check are:
  • Tamya connectors - I would replace them with Deans Ultra
  • The motor connects - they may be loose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users