7 replies to this topic

#1 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

I checked for this existing problem but could not find my answer.  So i figure i would ask myself.

I have a version 2 ATP.  With a mag in the gun, i cycle the slide once and it fires.  Then it will not allow me to fire another round. Unless i rack the slide, then it will fire.  If i pull the upper slide off the lower and manually pull down the hammer and then the dissconnect it fires every pull.  Again this is with the slide off.   I have a short video,like 30 seconds, but i guess the file is to large to upload here. So I will upload it to you tube so you can see exactly what i am talking about.

1.  Gun is clean and lubed
2.  Brand new green gas can, and the mag is full
3.  I replaced the trigger bar spring and impact hammer becasue of this problem. I was doing some replacement of what i thought it might of been. So it was doing this same thing before i replaced those parts.  
4.  All other parts visually look good.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=ierDLjooMpQ

#2 Bootskoot589

Bootskoot589

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:46 PM

Hold the release down and test again with a loaded mag and post a video of firing your ATP.

#3 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

Is the slide recoiling completely?  I'm not familiar with this pistol but it seems the disconnector is not working and the hammer/striker is following the slide down.

If you hold the slide stop down and dry fire the gun will it cycle and fire again?  Grasping at straws.  :)

I know this is airsoft but covering your hand with the muzzle is a dangerous habit.  The front cooling fins are not a place to grasp the pistol.  Good habits will carry over nicely to cartridge guns; bad can lose you a hand.

-- Chuck

#4 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

The original issue is fixed.  I bought every part in the hammer block, as well as a bucking, nozzle, trigger bar and spring.  So the gun is firing.  But I am getting weak blowback.  I gas up and it fires with a weak blowback but a few shots give a strong blowback.  The slide does lock on the last round.

#5 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

Full gas cylinder?  I was initially fooled by shaking the can to see if there was liquid in it.  Doesn't work well as there's a heavy foam filler in the gas I buy and that thumps back and forth when shaken.

Charging the magazines for at least 30 seconds?  Can't over-fill them as only so much liquid gas will fit.  We put liquid gas in the magazine, not gaseous gas.

Release valve in the magazine moving smoothly and freely?

-- Chuck

#6 Icurblud

Icurblud

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 03:51 AM

Chuck, the gas being used is new and full.  Confirmed with my other guns, so I can rule that out. One of the mags I installed new fill and release valve to rule that out.

#7 Chuck S

Chuck S

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

I'd disassemble the magazine completely and see if it's gunked up inside or has manufacturing debris.  If that doesn't cure it a trip to KWA will.

-- Chuck

#8 gcw360

gcw360

Supreme Guru

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft (Especially repair and customizing), Fly Fishing, Fossils (Especially Dino), Snakes, Photography

Posted 26 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Yes, I think it's time for a trip to the KWA repair shop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users