2 replies to this topic

#1 Exonar

Exonar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:20 PM

Hi everybody!

I've had my KRISS Vector for about a full year now - love it. I've probably put about 20000+ rounds through it. Suffice to say, you could title it "Well used". I clean and lubricate the entire firing assembly about once a month, regardless of if i've used the gun or not.

Recently i've been having a consistent issue with the bolt release. When the last round is fired and the bolt locks back I eject the magazine and insert a new one - but the bolt release button is near impossible to push down. The only way I can get the bolt to release is to pull the charging handle back again and have the bolt seat into position with a new round. I've dissassembled the gun multiple times so I see what the problem is, but I can't exactly see why it's a problem. When the last round in the magazine is fired (or when the charging handle is pulled back without a magazine in the mag well) a small lever pops out on the left side of the gun inside that 'catches' the bolt. Normally you'd just push the bolt release and this lever would slide right out of the way - but now it doesn't seem to want to budge.

Attached File  photo(1).JPG   93.53K   12 downloads
The bolt catch is marked by a red square - this is the piece that moves out of the way when you push the bolt catch

Attached File  photo(2).JPG   101.13K   13 downloads
Image of the bolt seated on the bolt catch (At this point the bolt is locked in place)

Attached File  photo.JPG   116.49K   9 downloads
Me trying to push the bolt catch to release the bolt (with no luck)

Just a few other things:

I've only ever used premium BB's in this gun (.25g +-0.01 6mm)
I've never used spray lubricant. Only high viscosity, high concentration silicone oil.
I've tried never to over-lubricate this gun (during my first couple months I got really carried away with it. I toned it down since then)

#2 SR105

SR105

Tech

• KWA Staff
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

It could be any number of things. The first thing that came to mind was the hammer. If you notice on your bolt, there is an opening at the top of it. The hammer can catch this hole and stop the bolt from moving forward. What I usually do is I bevel all the corners of that hole. Do not modify the hammer!

#3 imarziali

imarziali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:36 AM

Have you tried to powerstroke it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users