• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 patio87

patio87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

I just chronoed my gun at the field yesterday and it was shooting 335-340. I really want a gun that's going to shoot just under 400. Which spring should I be using to achieve this? Do I need anything else to support this increased stress on my gun? I have the v2 gearbox. And I have a Madbull 6.03.

Also, while I'm taking apart my gun I figure I should do the r-hop. Do I really need to upgrade the bucking in the SR7 or anything else in order to do this?

Edited by patio87, 11 May 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#2 airsoftmatthias

airsoftmatthias

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:33 PM

First off, do you want more range? Or just FPS?

I have a VFC MK18 with a stock, DIY modified gearbox paired with a R-hopped PDI barrel/Lonex hop-up chamber. It shoots 349 +/- 1 FPS.

My friend has a G&G SR25 with a drop-in Lonex gearbox and flat-hopped Prometheus barrel/stock hop-up chamber. It shoots 450 FPS.

My range is only ~20 ft less than his with groupings as good, if not better, than his.

Key to range is your hop-up and compression.

Now, if you just want to up the FPS so your BBs spend less time getting to the target, you'll need a stronger spring. M120 is usually a good bet. KWA does a good job of creating robust internals. I ran my stock KWA (w/ MOSFET) on an 11.1v LiPo for 5 years without any internal wear. As a result, you shouldn't need to upgrade anything else, per se. If you want to ensure durability, you'll need to perform several DIY modifications to your gun. You should shim your gearbox and radius the front cylinder corner edges. Add sorbo to the cylinder head and correct AOE. You might as well polish the cylinder and piston rails while you are at it.

Google R-Hop. There is plenty of information on it. Short answer, no.

Edited by airsoftmatthias, 11 May 2014 - 07:34 PM.

#3 uriahskates

uriahskates

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Skateboarding, Airsofting, Adventuring.

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

With KWA M130 spring, my SR7 shoots 460 with .20s. Your best bet would be a KWA M120.

#4 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 08:52 AM

I have an SR7 with a Maple Leaf 70 and flat hop nub, M110 long spring and I'm around 380-400 (haven't chrono'd in awhile). The M120 long was too hot for me. And although I really haven't had the time to correctly range it, I'd say it's been accurate to about 200 feet or so.

#5 patio87

patio87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

View Postairsoftmatthias, on 11 May 2014 - 07:33 PM, said:

First off, do you want more range? Or just FPS?

I have a VFC MK18 with a stock, DIY modified gearbox paired with a R-hopped PDI barrel/Lonex hop-up chamber. It shoots 349 +/- 1 FPS.

My friend has a G&G SR25 with a drop-in Lonex gearbox and flat-hopped Prometheus barrel/stock hop-up chamber. It shoots 450 FPS.

My range is only ~20 ft less than his with groupings as good, if not better, than his.

Key to range is your hop-up and compression.

Now, if you just want to up the FPS so your BBs spend less time getting to the target, you'll need a stronger spring. M120 is usually a good bet. KWA does a good job of creating robust internals. I ran my stock KWA (w/ MOSFET) on an 11.1v LiPo for 5 years without any internal wear. As a result, you shouldn't need to upgrade anything else, per se. If you want to ensure durability, you'll need to perform several DIY modifications to your gun. You should shim your gearbox and radius the front cylinder corner edges. Add sorbo to the cylinder head and correct AOE. You might as well polish the cylinder and piston rails while you are at it.

Google R-Hop. There is plenty of information on it. Short answer, no.

I'm looking for range and accuracy. I figure I need the spring so that I can use .28's and still have some velocity on them. But I can't go over 400 with .20's or I can't even use the thing on any fields.

View Posturiahskates, on 11 May 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

With KWA M130 spring, my SR7 shoots 460 with .20s. Your best bet would be a KWA M120.

It sounds like the m120 be be over 400 too.

View PostPyro_Buster, on 12 May 2014 - 08:52 AM, said:

I have an SR7 with a Maple Leaf 70° and flat hop nub, M110 long spring and I'm around 380-400 (haven't chrono'd in awhile). The M120 long was too hot for me. And although I really haven't had the time to correctly range it, I'd say it's been accurate to about 200 feet or so.

I wonder if the M110 going to actually be a downgrade on FPS from the stock spring, or will it without a doubt increase my fps from that 335-340 range?

#6 Pyro_Buster

Pyro_Buster

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

View Postpatio87, on 12 May 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

I wonder if the M110 going to actually be a downgrade on FPS from the stock spring, or will it without a doubt increase my fps from that 335-340 range?

I believe the SR7 has an M110 short that comes stock. I replaced it with a long to get about 60 more FPS. But I think the old spring (bought it used) was shot because it only shot around 315. The same thing happened in my SR10 when I upgraded from short M120 to long M120. My FPS with that is about 450 with M120 long and .20's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spring, R-hop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users